Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Family Member
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: New Family Member Reply with quote

I just won a Pentax K2 on eBay! This is pretty fantastic and rounds out my Pentax collection nicely with the K1000 and K-7 already in the Pelican box. Hopefully it works (the seller claimed to know nothing about cameras and couldn't test it.) But, for the price, it's worth the risk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Family Memeber Reply with quote

David wrote:
I just won a Pentax K2 on eBay! This is pretty fantastic and rounds out my Pentax collection nicely with the K1000 and K-7 already in the Pelican box. Hopefully it works (the seller claimed to know nothing about cameras and couldn't test it.) But, for the price, it's worth the risk.

Not to put a dampner on things, but that usually means it's broken (in my experience). My fingers are crossed for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect it will have some kind of issue. And if it's not usable or the functions are severely restricted, I'll re-sell it. I got it for about what parts K2s go for, so I ought to come close to even if I have to flip it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I fully expect it will have some kind of issue. And if it's not usable or the functions are severely restricted, I'll re-sell it. I got it for about what parts K2s go for, so I ought to come close to even if I have to flip it.

I wish you luck with it David. I've gotten many gems that way but I've gotten as many duds too. Luck!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the verdict is in... it doesn't work. Meter is dead -- not the end of the world since it has an automatic mode -- and also the shutter fires at the exact same speed regardless of setting.Maybe it has a quick fix, but I'm not optimistic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the automatic mode rely on the meter then (same electronics)?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look out for the don't know if it works cameras, if there is a lens on there you can do well as it get bypassed. I picked up a sale of a broken OM10 and Pentax MX with 50 f2 for peanuts about a wk or so ago. Well the Pentax is missing its rewind lever the lens was perfectly clean and new batteries cured the so called jammed shutter in the OM10. The lens seems to go for well over twice what I paid for the lot.