Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How much are these worth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , i think this is the right thread to post my question to .

I m currently facing financial difficulties and i have to sell some equipment .
The fist one is a Sonnar 200 2.8 which is in great shape i even got the original case .
I think it s price has gone up since i got it about a year ago . I got it for about
100-150 Euros including a like new original grip for my 40D . Now Im seeing prices 400-600 $ .
The other two are af lenses a tamron 17-50 and a sigma 15-30 like new both .
Can you please advice me on a decent price for all of them ?

Thanks in advance ,

Panos .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Panos
I moved your post here, it would have got lost where you had it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more info on the lenses. Is this an "aus Jena" Sonnar 200/2.8? Or the "regular" flavor?

The Tamron and Sigma lenses -- these are AF lenses, right? You'll need to include all the alphabet soup designations that are part of their model IDs now. And camera mount(s) would help as well.

Lastly, my suggestion is that you also go to eBay and do some researching yourself, rather than asking others to do it for you. Be sure to click on the "completed listings" box when you're doing your searches. Doing so will tell you whether an item sold or not, and if it sold, how much it sold for. This is the real-world information that you'll need to know if you hope to sell yours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ,
thank you for your replies .
Mo apologies for the incorect posting i thought since the talk was about pricing my question woul fit .

cooltouch wrote:
We need more info on the lenses. Is this an "aus Jena" Sonnar 200/2.8? Or the "regular" flavor?

The Tamron and Sigma lenses -- these are AF lenses, right? You'll need to include all the alphabet soup designations that are part of their model IDs now. And camera mount(s) would help as well.

Lastly, my suggestion is that you also go to eBay and do some researching yourself, rather than asking others to do it for you. Be sure to click on the "completed listings" box when you're doing your searches. Doing so will tell you whether an item sold or not, and if it sold, how much it sold for. This is the real-world information that you'll need to know if you hope to sell yours.

Cooltouch i did search E bay but i did not find enough listings for the sigma to conclude myself what would be a decent price . About the tamron i see big diffrence in prices and the Zeiss i got it about 150 Euros including an original almost new grip for my EOS 40D and now i see prices 3 times more than that .
The full models of the lenses are Tamron 17-50 2.8 XR DiII Asppherical , Sigma 15-30 3.5-4.5 dg ex aspherical IF and the markings on the Zeiis are CARL ZEISS JENA DDR SONNAR electric 2.8/200 MC serial number 4630 . The af zooms are Canon mount the Zeiss M42 .

Thanks again ,
Best Regards

Panos .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panos wrote:
Hello , i think this is the right thread to post my question to .

I m currently facing financial difficulties and i have to sell some equipment .
The fist one is a Sonnar 200 2.8 which is in great shape i even got the original case .
I think it s price has gone up since i got it about a year ago . I got it for about
100-150 Euros including a like new original grip for my 40D . Now Im seeing prices 400-600 $ .
The other two are af lenses a tamron 17-50 and a sigma 15-30 like new both .
Can you please advice me on a decent price for all of them ?

Thanks in advance ,

Panos .

usually split top price what you find on Ebay to half, that is current price level. In this case 300 USD is a nice price .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mo apologies for the incorect posting i thought since the talk was about pricing my question woul fit

It was for one specific lens mentioned throughout the thread....and no need to apologize Very Happy I am just sorry I can't help with your price queries...I would follow Attilas advice as he sells a lot of lenses Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panos wrote:
Hello ,
thank you for your replies .
Mo apologies for the incorect posting i thought since the talk was about pricing my question woul fit .

cooltouch wrote:

Cooltouch i did search E bay but i did not find enough listings for the sigma to conclude myself what would be a decent price . About the tamron i see big diffrence in prices and the Zeiss i got it about 150 Euros including an original almost new grip for my EOS 40D and now i see prices 3 times more than that .
The full models of the lenses are Tamron 17-50 2.8 XR DiII Asppherical , Sigma 15-30 3.5-4.5 dg ex aspherical IF and the markings on the Zeiis are CARL ZEISS JENA DDR SONNAR electric 2.8/200 MC serial number 4630 . The af zooms are Canon mount the Zeiss M42 .

Thanks again ,
Best Regards

Panos .

The last few 200mm f2.8 Sonnars have gone for about $300 US on eBay. Some of the buy-nows are listed higher. In good conditions with original case and all you may be able to do better. Those of us new to MFA have started to drive the prices up. Also thank Olympus, Panasonic and Sony