Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 103A...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Tamron 103A... Reply with quote

Well, it was... Very Happy

The mount was damaged and the lens full of fungus so I took it to bits to salvage the glass.

I think the 103A is one of the best in its class considering the pennies it now costs and looking deep inside it was clearly a very well put together lens. All good quality components and construction.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you took photos of the disassembly process. And especially of the reassembly. Smile

The 103A is indeed a nice lens for its class.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reassembly! Laughing

The lens was beyond repair hence the complete deconstruction... but no, I didn't take pictures. It's in fact a very straightforward lens to take apart.... and put back together I guess...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A truly great value lens, if ever there was one. Fast, good performance, well built and cheap as chips! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brave man! Refurbish, clean a zoom lens far from easy even for professionals. So many lenses , parts, difficult construction.