Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapted Lynx and GSN lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Adapted Lynx and GSN lenses Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this? I've seen diy jobs on lynx and gsn lenses but nothing sold commercially. And wow these are quite expensive!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YASHICA-LYNX-14E-45MM-F-1-4-YASHICA-GSN-F-1-7-OLYMPUS-LUMIX-M4-3-camera-EP-3-GF3-/180784973836?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a179fc80c#ht_609wt_1340

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems a waste of effort, and absurdly expensive.

You can get an excellent 7-element 50/1.4 for a 4/3 or Nex for less than quarter of the price. The lens on the Lynx can't be THAT good.

As for the f/1.7, even more so. SLR 50/1.7's are extremely common and very cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold one (Yashica 14E adapted to MFT) and it went for about €35. Those asking prices are just fishing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

I agree with both of you. For that price I can even get a 50/1.2 (from a decent make) so I don't know whether they are really selling or not. If they are then some people just have too much money!

BTW Fabian, if you ever venture into selling another of those (adapted lenses) please let me know!

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: agreed Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
BTW Fabian, if you ever venture into selling another of those (adapted lenses) please let me know!

Well I've sold my backup starting at 1 euro on eBay (and fetched the amount mentioned above) and that isn't worth the work since a Lynx 1.4 costs €50 alone easily and the conversion takes quite some hours, so I did not get into the business of making more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find a broken Lynx and are fairly good with your hands:

Jack Slai shares his conversion to Micro 4/3rds on Flickr. He also uses the lens's own focusing helicoid.

JackSlai's Flickr

Adios

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian, I understand. Just putting back my lens assembly once it fell apart on my Lynx 1000 took me at least couple of hours (incl. cleaning).

Kathmandu, thanks! I've seen Jack's work, but it is too much for me as it seems quite overwhelming to me. Besides I will also need some space and quiet time which I dont have currently. Maybe in future sometime!

BTW, I just missed a Flektogon 35/2.4 that went for £5 on gumtree by half an hour. Am so upset about it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The lens on the Lynx can't be THAT good.

I find the character quite nice, I'll give two fullres-images for pixelpeeping:
Fullres, f/2: http://www.2shared.com/photo/7ngmcRFW/_A041726.html
Fullres, f/1.4: http://www.2shared.com/photo/uiHUzRd2/P8094337.html

All images are post-processed.

f/2:

f/5.6:

f/1.4:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I find the character quite nice, I'll give two fullres-images for pixelpeeping:
[/quote]
Wow! These are really great images! OK so if I find a non working Lynx 14 I'll send it to you! Very Happy Wink