Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edgar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Edgar Reply with quote

Anyone who has been reading the threads on the Cheapo Lens Challenge will know that our member DigiChromeEd (Edgar) was due to take his pictures with the Optomax lens and then send it on. He hasn't visited the forum since 15th December and the lens never arrived, so I sent him a PM on 28 December to see if all was well. It remained in my Outbox for over a week so I wrote him a letter and I've now had two messages back from his wife Sharon. She's given me permission to tell everybody the news.

Poor Edgar had a heart attack in December and has been in hospital ever since. He had a coronary stent fitted and the surgeon thought he may also need to have a bypass operation, but the latest news is that this is unnecessary. However another stent is going to fitted tomorrow. Sharon says he's feeling a lot better now and hopes to be home sometime during next week.

I've obviously passed on our best wishes to him on behalf of everybody and I asked where we could send a get-well card, but Edgar says this isn't necessary - it's enough to know we are thinking of him.

You can send a PM, which Sharon will try to pass on, but her days are understandably very hectic at present so I think it's better to not bother her and let's wait until Edgar is back with us himself.

The lens, by the way, was posted to Simon (stingOM) on Monday, so it should arrive any time now.

Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the update Peter, what an awful thing to go through Shocked Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the news. I knew it was not good Sad when I first saw your mail. However, I am delighted to hear that he pulled through it and is now on his way to recovery.

Well, the lens arrived safely today with amazing amount of packaging! Obviously a lot of care was put into sending the lens to make sure it arrives in one piece. It certainly puts a lot of so called "Pro" sellers to shame!

We should not have bothered his wife about this. I feel bad now chasing you about it. Anyway, it will be on the post to the next fellow Irish Photographer by Mon 16th next week.

Best wishes to Edgar and his wife.

Speedy recovery wish to Edgar from all of us here!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best wishes for a speedy recovery!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

+10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Well, the lens arrived safely today with amazing amount of packaging! Obviously a lot of care was put into sending the lens to make sure it arrives in one piece. It certainly puts a lot of so called "Pro" sellers to shame!

That's great news Simon! I'm glad we're up and running again. Smile

Quote:
We should not have bothered his wife about this. I feel bad now chasing you about it. Anyway, it will be on the post to the next fellow Irish Photographer by Mon 16th next week.

No need at all for feeling bad - we didn't have any idea what had happened when I wrote the letter. I think you'll see, when he returns, that Edgar doesn't think that way at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter - many thanks for the update.

Wishing Edgar a very speedy recovery.

Barry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

hope everything goes well and fast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, speedy recovery to Edgar and may he be back with us in no time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From here on only toward ever more health and wellness Edgar!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary stuff Shocked

Wishing you a speedy recovery Cool maybe they can treat your lens addictions while you're in there Laughing