Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax IIIa with Zeiss Opton Biogon 2.8/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Contax IIIa with Zeiss Opton Biogon 2.8/35 Reply with quote

I decided to sell off a load of things and concentrate on just a small number of the highest quality items.

I've been dreaming of a postwar Contax for ages so when this IIIa with Biogon 2.8/35 came along I had to have it. Smile

The thing that finally pushed me over the edge and made me buy one was having this Biogon to play with for a few days:

On my NEX it is possibly the best lens I've ever used, even in awful light it produces vibrant pictures with great contrast and 3D:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats , Ian ! Great combo!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. A couple more pics I took today in awful light, I'm really amazing by the detail and clarity and overall quality in such light conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN nice camera/lens, what this gear-head + photography + history set is all about. Nice results too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jussi. It is only logical, being a shooter more than a collector for me to sell off all my unused kit to finance something special.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results justify the sale of your old stuff, that's a lovely camera.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Ian - this is certainly lovely camera and wonderful lens.
I feel jealous about it Very Happy

I'm a bit confused. isn't the Biogon with the same physical size as the J12 for Kiev?
Because you say you can mount it on Nex but i can't mount the J12 on my E-P2 it's just too long to fit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan, the post war Biogon is a different lens, designed for the IIa/IIIa. The unfortunate thing is that the postwar Zeiss wide angles are rare-ish and therefore expensive. But the fortunate thing is that this fact justifies having a Kiev or a pre-war Contax as well, just to mount the big-butt 35mm Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Stefan, the post war Biogon is a different lens, designed for the IIa/IIIa. The unfortunate thing is that the postwar Zeiss wide angles are rare-ish and therefore expensive. But the fortunate thing is that this fact justifies having a Kiev or a pre-war Contax as well, just to mount the big-butt 35mm Laughing

+1 I have both camera too due J12 not fit into latest Contax.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax IIIa with Zeiss Opton Biogon 2.8/35 Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I decided to sell off a load of things and concentrate on just a small number of the highest quality items.

I've been dreaming of a postwar Contax for ages so when this IIIa with Biogon 2.8/35 came along I had to have it. Smile

The thing that finally pushed me over the edge and made me buy one was having this Biogon to play with for a few days:

On my NEX it is possibly the best lens I've ever used, even in awful light it produces vibrant pictures with great contrast and 3D:

Wise move, my friend

It is fun to have many lenses to tinker and play with and of course, it is thanks to the unsung heroes that sell for cheap that most of us even had a chance to try different focal lengths etc

But if you want to settle down on a kit and just shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more, always better to have a few but top quality items with you all the time

And then the hunger for many top quality items begins Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Ian, looking forward to your work with the Kiev. Smile

[Woops, I mean your Contax IIIa]

Last edited by Katastrofo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good move and a very nice camera. Looking forward to seeing more results.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like good stuff, Ian, and the pictures are impressive too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, now I just need some decent light to go out and use it. Smile