Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm f1.4 Takumar's (Super, S-M-C, SMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: 50mm f1.4 Takumar's (Super, S-M-C, SMC) Reply with quote

I see from the pirst picture that something is different about the coatings between the SMC and S-M-C version of this lens.
I only confirm that its not affected by arrangement and angle of light. the SMC version seems to flare a more aqua color and the S-M-C a green one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 50mm f1.4 Takumar's (Super, S-M-C, SMC) Reply with quote

Excellent series Smoli4. Thank you for the comparison.

Compare the front 3 reflections. On S-M-C and SMC Takumars the middle reflection of is offset, while on Super-Takumar all three are in line.

Compare the next 3 reflections. On Super-Takumar the first two are offset, while on S-M-C and SMC Takumars the first two are more closely aligned.

Why the different reflection alignments?

Something is taking place differently in SMC and Super versions, as shown by these reflection alignment differences. In the Super, the offset occurs in the second three reflections, in the SMCs, in the front three reflections. I suspect these are optical aberration corrections, however the lenses are documented to have the same lens formula -- can these reflection alignments be due solely to coating differences or do these lenses actually have elements with different curvatures?

Smoli4 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Visual, you made me take more pictures of the lenses concentrating on coatings and I must admit it was quite fun, and results for my eye, are beautiful Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, creative series! I love them all!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely product shots!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super Takumar here is a Single Coating lens. The other 2 are multi coated.Of course they look quite different .
The Super Tak has higher radioactivity that the other two , hence the higher yellowing that adds to the final coating colour...

The 2 SMC have the same coatings but cleaning habits Wink from the owners can remove partially some layers from the coatings and thus the small differences...Build quality has already declined from the Super-->S-M-C and ever more to the SMC so it might have less hard coatings than the S-M-C ...e.t.c

Major Pentax coatings differences are mainly seen in the A line of lenses and some minor in the M ...

What exactly are we looking for here????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
Visual, you made me take more pictures of the lenses concentrating on coatings and I must admit it was quite fun, and results for my eye, are beautiful Surprised

Well your photos made me realize photos like these should be included with any lens presentation, to illustrate the lens formula, so I guess we're even! Laughing

My eyes behold beauty too. Like Attila says the lenses are like jewels -- more especially so when in lighting as here!