Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Actually can I edit???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Actually can I edit??? Reply with quote

So I have proclaimed I can edit.........

Actually I assume I can edit and assume just makes an ASS of U and ME!!!!!

So a pic with the original

What do you think?????

1 Original

2 Edited

I used the cameras bundled software Silky Pix.

Maybe a bit dark for some peoples tastes but have looked at loads of photos on here and prefer the slightly darker ones especially of people just makes them more interesting.

Muzza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the b&w edited shot. Maybe a tad contrasty but still good. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, you are so kind. I guess it's just my taste or my moodiness that makes me like everything darker.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing of photography but i always think motorcycles look better in black and white.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I like you know nothing about photography but am having loads of fun. Have a friend who used to be a pro so gonna hook up with him when he gets back from the paralympics. Hopefully he'll be able to have enough patience to show me what to do. P.S paralympics £8.50 a pint!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both versions, for different aesthetic reasons, but I find the tight crop, which misses
a bit of the bike's tires, to be somewhat distracting or simply incomplete.
The full subject isn't complete, to my eye, but that's just my personal taste. Wink

In both versions, I see either misfocus(soft) or a lack of sharpening. Hard to tell at these small sizes.

While misfocus issues can easily be improved upon, so can sharpening.
Misfocus should be simple enough to detect and learn to compensate for, while sharpening is a
postprocessing process which is almost universally necessary with digital imagery, so that
the images are presented with a sharpness that the photographer might have had while viewing
the scene. For whatever reasons, it is a commonly-accepted fact that most digital camera's
output of image files lacks proper sharpening for the overall scene unless worked over
by some form of post-processed sharpening.

These are purely my own observations and learnings.
I will readily admit that I may be wrong about some or all of this information,
in which case I will ask our other forum members to kindly rebut me with
their own expertise, which likely far exceeds my own. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Sorry about the shot need a wide angle lens, any suggestions for a cheap m42??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzza wrote:
Yeah Sorry about the shot need a wide angle lens, any suggestions for a cheap m42??

A small step back could work as well in this case Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzza wrote:
Forget a cheap wide angle if you have a crop body as it's (IMO) not worth the expense and are not that wide when the crop factor is taken into account.

For the image, I'd say practice your focus technique, but on reflection, I don't see anything sharp in the image so it may be your lens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After loads of advice, have to accept that I cannot post pictures just as is!!! It just doesn't work.... Have a quick look at my post edited pic please.