Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta SRT 102 and Rokkor-PF 50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Minolta SRT 102 and Rokkor-PF 50 Reply with quote

This SRT 102 is the most forgiving camera I have. The meter is shot, but it returns the highest percentage of in-range photos with estimated settings of any of my non-metering cameras. It's also constructed like a brick and will probably outlast me. I had a chance to use it with the Rokkor-PF 50mm lens it came with, for the first time, and some Foma 100. For kicks, I also slapped on a CPL filter, a filter type I rarely use and should use more often. The results were typically good and, as sometimes, here's the album link: https://picasaweb.google.com/102333270936007447976/SRT1021412

No one was at this bakery, so I should have stopped to take more photos of the bakery gear hanging in the windows. This would have been good from a better angle. Baking gear presents a nifty photographic challenge and, I imagine, could yield worthwhile results. Think about it: mixers, attachments, bowls, spatulas. All of these items would require deep DoFs and present opportunities for creative lighting and perspectives.

I admit to feeling weird photographing a security camera -- that's what someone does who's casing a building. But this one was interesting in that it had been placed in an old lamp housing. And that seemed nifty.

This was tough to get because it was a 1/5th exposure, hand-held. So there's a little shake in it but ultimately not so much. This was one of a number of scrolled metal panels over a closed building's glass doors.

Hard to see, but I had tried capturing the five red stars on the glass block. More interesting, the way light plays with the glass block's textures.