Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samoca LE Rangefinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Samoca LE Rangefinder Reply with quote

Really a sweet little camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty one! And one I have never seen before!

Have you started to collect rangefinder cameras? Just RF or viewfinder cams as well?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my language Samoca means strawberry Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you !

Thats a genuinely odd duck. Samoca cameras of their later period are pretty scarce under their own brand, and I don't recall seeing this type under any brand.

Early Samocas are even stranger looking, but for some reason they are fairly common.

Other odd duck feature - the viewfinder/rangefinder window arrangement. Not too many rangefinders had the viewfinder on the centerline. Yet it makes some sense to do this as the parallax problems are easier to deal with - btw - does this thing do automatic parallax compensation ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
That's a pretty one! And one I have never seen before!

Have you started to collect rangefinder cameras? Just RF or viewfinder cams as well?

Viewfinders as well as rangefinders. see my post today of the Adox viewfinder camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In my language Samoca means strawberry Laughing Laughing

A German camera so what does it mean in that language/?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Good for you !

Thats a genuinely odd duck. Samoca cameras of their later period are pretty scarce under their own brand, and I don't recall seeing this type under any brand.

Early Samocas are even stranger looking, but for some reason they are fairly common.

Other odd duck feature - the viewfinder/rangefinder window arrangement. Not too many rangefinders had the viewfinder on the centerline. Yet it makes some sense to do this as the parallax problems are easier to deal with - btw - does this thing do automatic parallax compensation ?

No parallax compensation. very very well made and feels good in the hand.