Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ansco Memar Test Roll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Ansco Memar Test Roll Reply with quote

A while back I picked up an Ansco Memar for a few bucks. It works just fine, except at 1/2 second and slower exposure times. The main downfall to this camera is the maximum shutter speed of 1/200th. I shot a roll and mostly they came out well exposed -- no light leaks and the frame matches the viewfinder indicators well. Of the 19 shots on the roll developed well. Four were interesting and focused enough to bother commenting on.

I started with a bunch stopped down, focused at infinity. The lens does not lengthen, that I can tell, when focusing so I wasn't positive that it actually did change focus. I wanted to make sure that some photos turned out so I could see if any of the few small pieces of dust in the lens were an issue. The lens perimeter edge also has some grime caked on it, but that doesn't seem to affect image quality.

A close-focus image braced against the handrail.

Oh no the world's gone all sideways!

A building entrance. Wide open, I think.

So, in all I tested the camera aross the aperture and focal distance range and from 1/25th to 1/200th. A great little camera. The Germans make very reliable gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, the main downfall of my cameras is, well, I'm the one using them. Rolling Eyes

Thinking this must be the Apotar-lensed model as opposed to young Jussi's Solagon Memar.

Like the first two, I get seasick looking at the 3rd, overlong. Smile

Also, in the last, doesn't look wide open to me, entrance looks closed. j/k

Happy New Year! Smile