Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon F55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Nikon F55 Reply with quote

Production Year: 2002
Type: Nikon F mount (46.50mm)
Requiring 2 CR2 batteries to operate
Shutter speed: 1/2000s-30s (Over 30s will be set in B mode)
Function: P,A,S,M, some program function and continuous shooting (I only know F6 can perform 8(Full-frame) fps, this is only performing 3 fps)
including basic flashlight
Supported lens : Nikon AF,AF-D,AF-G,AI (Tamron and other related can work well,just need to know the format,If you like to use the function Completely,You only are able to select AF,AF-D)

user Manual still exist,fresh as new,you can go to Nikon to search out (N55 is the state model)

This is what i am currently considering since only few people are able to wield the true 'rifle' to do the task. Loading film manually, Setting the ASA manually, Manual focusing with TTL function, Setting the Shutter and aperture very accurately.
You know, this steps are very considerable even automated,just reduce the wasted.

Now,the automated can be in bargained price, only the body,not the lens, the lens are still available in at least 2 selections and some used, I have read something about TAMRON still has AF-D LENS,codenamed Di available, Due to some considerations of my preferred CMOS and the usages(You know, DSLR Sigma SD1,you know the price, if Full-framed, then the price is extremely considerable! ), Film one with Digital Scanner (2400DPI Real) is a currently option for at least 5 years.

About the conditions, Shutter speed is only at 1/2000s, I think it is enough for general to professional use although Nikon said that model is entry level,professional is at least 1/4000s since they may not like to set aperture too often, this is the F series, one of the noticeable functions.

In real, you only target one target, this one is able to target three, I think this one is well-balanced since some problem can be dealt with your AF-D Lens because of AF era. It does not care about which material your are using, The film, or the CCD.

Why I think this, This starts from When I got Canon Powershot G5 few years ago. It looks like 1/2000s with a AF-G len equipped. I know AF-D can do more than this, f/16 is a typical value that AF-D can do, although I will not get anything lower than f/2.8 when I select 28-200mm lens.

Laughing

Now, I will need to phone some people about the obtaining, I know I may get the fully-worked, truly bargained when I have got the AF Lens to work although the shape may get degraded.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this ? Shocked Do you want to sell it here ? I couldn't get you..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I am so confused now. I seemed to have completely missed the point. Question

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it´s so crazy and dumb post I would say it´s a spambot.. but where are the advertisements to some "trustful" sites?? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be careful,I think it may be bad Google translating.

polarhei what is your native language?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I would be careful,I think it may be bad Google translating.

polarhei what is your native language?

Chinese,But I better to do very independent. There is no Translating.

Some preparation is bad, and there's one point which is very confusing. Since I used to get some measurement from others, it is called FFD,Flange Focal Distance . Nikon is 1.04 mm longer than I'm current use (M-42 is 45.46mm)
Canon (and Sigma SA) is 44.00mm

This 1mm issues is very complex, and the cost will be too great for because of FFD (Although I have read a bargained list,the body with two lens, one is 100-300mm and Nikon Given(AF-G,18-55mm) , the lens's performance is not so good because of AF-G, the cost is nearly US$200.00 which I have to consider carefully. I am consulting with this for the time being ).

There is no Real-frame Foveon(R) X3 cmos for the time being, and I need to use new lens in order to shut some people up (Idiots with large sum of money can be very serious), so AF body with AF lens is the system to do.

I think some people are using this model,so i post this out including my opinion. If you are puzzled, I apologize for this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your English would be better than my Chinese... Very Happy
From what I can understand you are looking at buying this Nikon camera but are worried about the back of the lens distance to the sensor or the film..... between the systems....M42 to Nikon.I am sorry if I mis-understand...these technical details are not my strong point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Your English would be better than my Chinese... Very Happy
From what I can understand you are looking at buying this Nikon camera but are worried about the back of the lens distance to the sensor or the film..... between the systems....M42 to Nikon.I am sorry if I mis-understand...these technical details are not my strong point.

It's okay, I am no so good at this. From every user manual, they have to specify the dimension so you are able to select the 3rd party lens, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Néih hóu polarhei. (I am allowed to say this because my daughter-in-law and her family are from HK, but it's the only word I know in Cantonese!) Smile

A Nikon camera will severely limit the number of lenses you can use - only Nikon OEM lenses and other 3rd party brands with F mount. Any other kind of lens requires an optical adapter which degrade the image badly sometimes. There are some wonderful F mount lenses but mostly they are quite expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
A Nikon camera will severely limit the number of lenses you can use - only Nikon OEM lenses and other 3rd party brands with F mount. Any other kind of lens requires an optical adapter which degrade the image badly sometimes.

It's not true. What about Medium Format lenses - Pentacon 6, Kiev 88, Mamiya 645, Pentax 645, Hasselblad ? Adapters are available. They don't need an optical element. People do use these lenses on Nikon - and on other systems as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's enough! Please close this thread,please since F55 is finished. I own Fully-restored F70,which is stronger than That.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right John, I forgot about those MF lenses, but everything I said was correct.

Thread now closed on OP's request.