Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RTS intermittant shutter release issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Contax RTS intermittant shutter release issue Reply with quote

Hi all, I recently acquired a Contax RTS (1975) in excellent cosmetic condition. The "only" issue appears to be the shutter release.

While the camera arrived without a battery, I was able to hook it up to my W6 PMD with the battery adapter. The shutter seems to fire most times without issue however therein lies the problem.
There is an issue with the shutter firing when the camera is tilted at different angles and this is probably related to a definite rattle from within.

The rattling sound appears to under the top cover (which has not been removed as of yet, pending clear instructions).

The camera does not show any sign of being dropped or any trauma.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this type of issue. I thought I'd ask prior to removing the the top.

I had initially thought that the intermittent shutter issue may have been related to the capacitor, however the cause of the rattling may be the culprit

Any feedback and advice would definitely be appreciated. Would hate to ruin my $47 RTS.

As a side note, does anyone have access to a link that shows what a normally functioning RTS looks like with the top removed.
This would help just in case the rattling is due to parts that have actually become dislodged.

Thanks again

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax RTS intermittant shutter release issue Reply with quote

Simply awesome looking. Now it need some legs and it will be able to walk away Very Happy