Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica ST605N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Fujica ST605N Reply with quote

Detail: With Bulb function, Fastest shutter is 1/700 s
Mount: M42 screw mount (42mm. So, you are able to contact with new and past, may be good tool to train)
ASA(TTL detecting,setting manaually): Up to 3200 with 1/3 adjustment up to ASA 800
X-sync flashlight (slower than or equal to 1/60 with X marked)
Able to see the setting through the viewer (shutter speed and TTL status like O,O+,O-,-,+ in Nikon FM series)
Production Years: 1970s
ST605N is a little update of ST605, including the TTL and the Shutter speed in the viewer.
Having a stable mechanism to prevent accidentally double-exposure.

This is my 'toy' when my uncle has given me as he has been using new stuff for years. I hereby to state that, some of my people are still doing some photography equipment business,although they no longer do any with SLR LENS.

I receive this, I have to check the functions and lens given. Lens are covered with fungi. May affect some effects but the detail is okay.

I used to believe that camera is not fully-functional. In my hello posted, I have mentioned I have not restored all. Using normal way (ASA 200 or ASA 400) to deal with ASA 100, this is a very bad idea since I may have pampered by the Automated DX coding.

DX coding is a not really a new thing,may be the third generation of films (1st is B&W,2nd is COLOR,3rd is the auto-configurations), You will never forget the wrong ASA setting if you are using automated after 1980s,For example, Nikon F55,Nikon F3-F6, Pentex K mounted (after 1980s) and some simple cameras battery powered (with 4 metal dots,professional contains 5)is the sample

To deal with the problem , I used to follow the manual on the web, Opening the box, Taking two old batteries out (LR44?), then replace and test, It works. Now, In daylight, with good lens, I may be able to get rid of any automated as I am able to do what the usually do.

For new made, If you are using non-alkaline batteries, the circuit is too easy to get damaged when you have forgotten to remove the cells after use.

Here, I like to discuss with some lens, Fujinon lens in fixed-focus length may be very tricky, You will need to press the TTL button to activate the f/4 or higher(This is not out of order, It is because of the structure,I have discovered when I try to clean a little internally,Since I have no knife and only some tissues(For cosmetic),there is no any marks on the lens.), others may not need this,especially in 80-200mm , If you have found the spring in the lens, then the reaction speed will be very quick,even the 1/2000s is able to achieve. For this reason, I will need to find the tamron lens for the next, I know there is one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the 605 / 605n - I've got something posted here on these, I believe. I gave away the 605, and found a truly ratty 605n to replace it. With glasses I have some trouble seeing the meter all the way to the side, especially in dusk. But otherwise the camera is a treat and I love the squeeze stop-down/meter switch. I take this camera out in bad weather - rain, snow, sleet, it works and if it gets ruined, a new one's very cheap! The 55/2.2 lens is not bad either, I rather like it. I haven't had any trouble mounting any M42's, including Adaptalls, on this camera.

I look forward to seeing your pictures with this camera.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=35453

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I really like the 605 / 605n - I've got something posted here on these, I believe. I gave away the 605, and found a truly ratty 605n to replace it. With glasses I have some trouble seeing the meter all the way to the side, especially in dusk. But otherwise the camera is a treat and I love the squeeze stop-down/meter switch. I take this camera out in bad weather - rain, snow, sleet, it works and if it gets ruined, a new one's very cheap! The 55/2.2 lens is not bad either, I rather like it. I haven't had any trouble mounting any M42's, including Adaptalls, on this camera.

I look forward to seeing your pictures with this camera.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=35453

I think the fujinon 55mm f/2.2 has one thing special when comparing with lens. you will need to press the TTL Button to get a small aperture because of slow speed since the len I use has been opened twice for some basic cleaning.

One more thing,I have posted some pictures(using this model to take,posted on Lomography.com, first time to try color slide, although the result is unexpected due to wrong TTL and standard fungi-covered lens(80-200,F/4.5)
Next time, I will post some of the Black and white photos without push-processing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 605n was my first camera when I was a teenager, bought new from a local store from my father as a gift. I absolutely love it, it's one of the best SLR bodies ever made: nearly indestructible, small, light, with a large viewfinder and a precise meter with two separate light sensors.

I am now at the 4th or 5th incarnation of this camera, whenever I lose or give away one I acquire another soon after. I don't use it much anymore, but if I had to keep only one camera, this would be it. Together with the Flek 35/2.4 probably.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
A 605n was my first camera when I was a teenager, bought new from a local store from my father as a gift. I absolutely love it, it's one of the best SLR bodies ever made: nearly indestructible, small, light, with a large viewfinder and a precise meter with two separate light sensors.

I am now at the 4th or 5th incarnation of this camera, whenever I lose or give away one I acquire another soon after. I don't use it much anymore, but if I had to keep only one camera, this would be it. Together with the Flek 35/2.4 probably.

Oh Really? I think i may try to find russian made lens,perhaps Fujinon (55mm f/2.2)one may contain some bad idea when shooting fast objects.

I seldom use this, I only know the it is fully worked even 40 years now. Now I may need to find some good lens to use a little longer. (I only know 1mm bigger (Nikon problem when M42 loaded) is very considerable since my system still work well,However only few people have the true precision for this. so I will need to ask about helios or other lens to deal with slow aperture problem when over 5.6)