Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Pen FT in Camera 35 1967
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Olympus Pen FT in Camera 35 1967 Reply with quote

My dad had something like 4 of these (including black ones) and most of the lenses and other accessories. He bought a bunch when he heard Olympus was discontinuing them. Maybe 10 years ago he sold the equipment on the bay and was amazed how much it brought.

The camera I learned on and used between ~'72 and ~'85.

Olympus Pen FT in Camera 35, 1967 by Nesster, on Flickr
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6530605751_47dc972c39_o.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were engineering marvels at the time Very Happy

Can you imagine what it would cost to manufacture today ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erkie wrote:
These were engineering marvels at the time Very Happy

Can you imagine what it would cost to manufacture today ?

It's a crop SLR and therefore should be way cheaper than fullfram Wink

Nevertheless I have a FT with three lenses (38mm, 70mm and 100mm) and like it a lot. With 72 shots on a film you can shoot series very easy without burning that much film. It's also my smallest SLR kit which fits in a small bag.

Unfortunately prices are quiete steep and availability is a big problem. I am looking quiete a while for a reasonable priced wide angle (3.5/20mm or 2.8/25mm) but if they show up price rise allways above my limit.