Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford 50 at Union Square
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Ilford 50 at Union Square Reply with quote

Work gave us a short day on Thursday, and I had my K1000, a Tokina 28mm, a green filter, and a roll of Ilford PanF 50 ISO to test. Also, the K1000 had a new battery. Orio, you were right, it was the battery. In this roll, only a few shots came out overly thick, and those would have been difficult shots with forgiving film. As always, here is a link to the whole album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102333270936007447976/SF122211

I don't often photograph people due to an unfounded and irrational fear of having my head beat in with my camera. Street performers seems a reasonable exception. They perform in public and ought to expect people to photograph their work. This troupe of four kids, all contortionists, bent and twisted their arms in time with hip hop and twisted their joints in ways I didn't think possible. All of these shots were at 1/6th or 1/125th at f2.8 or f4.

Ouch. I couldn't bend like that if I were in a car crash.

I thought about suggesting that if they pulled their pants up they might not have to contort themselves to get around.

Inside the Westfield mall. 1/8th, f2.8, hand-held braced against a pillar.

A bokeh painting for the holidays. I wish my shot of the electrical wiring had turned out. It was a single line coming up the tree then with nine spliters on it, wrapped in electrical tape.

As always, comments are welcomed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot in this series is my favorite of the group. The shots looks challenging with the sun in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting mall, I wonder if they pay a royalty to the Guggenheim Laughing

This is a good series - I like how you went for the shadows as well, and the fluidity of composition goes with the subjects.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like them. The mall shoot is very good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with those. Great first shot. K.