Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Moscow 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Moscow 5 Reply with quote

I recently got my first roll of film (Kodak Tmax 400) from my Moscow 5 6x9 rangefinder. Not the easiest camera to use and I kept forgetting to cock the shutter. Not the best set of images I've ever taken but at least I know the camera is working fine and is light tight.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5th image is wonderful, they the benches lead your view up to the statue near the top of the image. The 6x9 format is a tough one for most folks but you seem to have a good eye that works very well with this format.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifth image is good, I agree. I have trouble using 400 ISO film in the older cameras. with the exception of my Balda Juwella, which stops down to f32, I don't have any with a tight enough aperture and fast enough shutter to reliably expose 400 ISO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Fifth image is good, I agree. I have trouble using 400 ISO film in the older cameras. with the exception of my Balda Juwella, which stops down to f32, I don't have any with a tight enough aperture and fast enough shutter to reliably expose 400 ISO.

In England in the winter I dare not use anything slower than ISO 400! Nice thing with 6x9cm negatives is that one is less worried about grain... Smile

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series. There is something about the look of your photos. Very vintage looking that you can't replicate on the digital media!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all! I like many of them , congrats for your new cam! I sold mine and now I bought a Moskva-2 , I like it better.