Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kilfitt Munchen Macro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Kilfitt Munchen Macro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portraits of an artist at work!
In #4 the bokeh is unpleasant wild for me, in the other pictures it does very well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect more sharpness from a 90mm lens especially from a macro lens, no matter I like very much first picture.

Many thanks to sharing here photos take with this uncommon lens!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one of these lenses many years ago. I love the look and feel and general build of the Macro Kilars. Mine delivered more than acceptable performance as well. It was also quite unusual for Kilars -- it had a Canon FD mount.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: aspheric Reply with quote

The 90 was presented as having two different radii on one lens element in order to combat spheric aberration. It came with detatchable mounts. At least mine has.

One could also get a strange, variable ratio focal length extender.

p.

p.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and rare lens.
I hope to get one some time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: aspheric Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
The 90 was presented as having two different radii on one lens element in order to combat spheric aberration. It came with detatchable mounts. At least mine has.

Yes, I remember mine had a detachable Canon FD mount. As I dimly recall, there was a locating pin on the back of the lens that the mount fit into.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: aspheric Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
The 90 was presented as having two different radii on one lens element in order to combat spheric aberration.

I'd fogotten all about that . . . does it mean it was an aspheric suface ? I supppose it must Confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like as good a definition as any . . .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Kilfitt Munchen Macro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8 On Panasonic G2 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a ton of spherical aberration in these-which means this lens might be a good replacement for my old 85mm F 1.5 Summarex. The large amount of spherical abberation with the Summarex wide open made it my fav portrait lens. I'll look into this Kilar as a possible replacement.Smile