Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei 50mm 28mm 135mm lens test 1979
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Rollei 50mm 28mm 135mm lens test 1979 Reply with quote

Rollei HFT Planar 50mm f/1.8
Rolleinar-MC 28mm f/2.8
Rolleinar-MC 135mm f/2.8

from a 1979 Popular Photography

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone with this lens confirm that the corners are this bad? I'm quite surprised by these results of the 50mm, after all the praise it's received.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold my Rollei HFT 1.8/50, it wasn't a bad lens but I felt it was inferior to both my 1.8/50 Konica Hexanon and 1.8/55 Petri CC Auto in sharpness and colour rendition, didn't see anything great about it and no reason to keep it with all the other 50s I have. My copy was mint, like new.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of the HTF's...sorry, no samples in digital. I like it with film, and give it high marks for certain conditions. I'm keeping one of the two (both in near mint condition). I want to try it with the Nex 7, in the future. I think that it might make a fine portrait lens with the crop factor. I don't see a noticeable drop off in edge sharpness, or any problems that often occur with lenses. I'd say that it is a very good lens over-all. But I agree with Ian. The Konica 40mm f1.8, and 50mm f1.7 are two incredible lenses for resolution and colors, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was second-tier stuff, never highly thought of. Some of it was made in Singapore, I believe.

Last edited by FluffPuppy on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to have the 50 and still have the 28 - both lenses perform very nicely, the 50 even a tad better IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Used to have the 50 and still have the 28 - both lenses perform very nicely, the 50 even a tad better IMHO.
On FF or crop?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is that i'm clearly seeing the 50mm to be superior in everything in this test !!!
The 28 is a f2.8 lens and I start to compare it to the 50 from f2.8 ofcourse !!!

Guys ... check again Wink

(it is not a standard MTF test anyway)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 50mm f1.8 Planar which I bought earlier in the year and it's probably my favourite lens now.
Have a look at my images on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Minty wrote:
I've got the 50mm f1.8 Planar which I bought earlier in the year and it's probably my favourite lens now.
Have a look at my images on Flickr

Welcome, Lord Minty.

Your first post can't contain a link or picture, it's an anti-spam measure. From now on your links/pics will work fine.

Your link does work in my quote above.

Nice closeup shots on your flickr, flowers and bugs are great but it's nice to see some variety Smile