Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 80mm f4 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Zuiko 80mm f4 macro Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Anyone has experience with this lens? How good is it say relative to Micro Nikkor 105mm f2.8 or f4.

Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM lenses in general good as NIKON no exception all great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good lens, optimized and best at 1:1 (1x). Data is here:
http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=41

Micro Nikkors 105mm are not optimized for that, but for smaller magnifications.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus,

What is the purpose of of that additional front adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a close-up diopter lens to get even closer (2x instead of 1x). See also:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/macrozuikoD.htm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used it to make slide duplicsates.Works well. I never got around to testdigital 1:1 snaps vs. vuescan, but the multiple contols of mr. hamrich may perhaps leave s 1:1snaps in the dust.

p.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the 2nd (auto?) version of this lens on a bellows and on the Olympus variable extension tube, and it seems to work well. In the 0.5x to 1.0x macro/closeup range, it seems to be about as good as the Canon EF 100mm Macro lens.

With this lens, I think the main limiting factors on image quality are things like focus, DOF, shake, lighting, skill, etc. -- not the lens itself.