Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aires 35 IIIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Aires 35 IIIC Reply with quote

Presenting my 1958 Aires 35 IIIC with Seikosha MXL shutter ,and H-Coral 45mm f/1.9 lens .
Bought this from an older couple 2 yrs ago-I clean and work the shutters once in great while,everything appears very sound-just have not run any film through. Sad

Best regards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice camera to see! And I think it might be still a pleasure to use it too.
I still use from time to time a Ricoh S3 (once my first camera), model 1959. I like that one too, with silent Citizen shutter. Pity it doesn't have such nice fast lens (only modest 45mm 2.8 ).
Congrats with that beauty!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I have only seen pictures of Aires cameras, never held one. They look like they would have a nice solid feel to them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice one there. I truly am passionate about Aires cameras. Very well made and easy to use.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all-this camera feels very nice in the hand and the mechanisms are smooth ,crisp and strong. It feels solid -from the weight .

I hope I can share some photos once I take them-I will make it a point to load this camera the next time I head out.

Minolfan wrote:
What a nice camera to see! And I think it might be still a pleasure to use it too.
I still use from time to time a Ricoh S3 (once my first camera), model 1959. I like that one too, with silent Citizen shutter. Pity it doesn't have such nice fast lens (only modest 45mm 2.8 ).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, the Richoh S 3 looks like a very nice camera. I am sure it produces nice sharp pictures. Very Happy

Schnauzer wrote:
Looks nice. I have only seen pictures of Aires cameras, never held one. They look like they would have a nice solid feel to them.

They are solidly built, heavy for its size.-yet feels good to cock and fire. Lots of Chrome?

Big Dawg wrote:
Very nice one there. I truly am passionate about Aires cameras. Very well made and easy to use.

Thank you, I feel fortunate to have found this. I noticed you've moved your passion ,from your splendid Vivitar collection to RF cameras and Pentacon 6 or Pentax 645? I think thats awesome. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Thank you all-this camera feels very nice in the hand and the mechanisms are smooth ,crisp and strong. It feels solid -from the weight .

I hope I can share some photos once I take them-I will make it a point to load this camera the next time I head out.

Minolfan wrote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, the Richoh S 3 looks like a very nice camera. I am sure it produces nice sharp pictures. Very Happy

Schnauzer wrote:

They are solidly built, heavy for its size.-yet feels good to cock and fire. Lots of Chrome?

Big Dawg wrote:

Thank you, I feel fortunate to have found this. I noticed you've moved your passion ,from your splendid Vivitar collection to RF cameras and Pentacon 6 or Pentax 645? I think thats awesome. Smile

The cameras come with the lenses and they are so cheap right now so I don't break the bank buying them. Here are a few photos taken with my Aires Viscount.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Aires looks much nicer than mine. I've got the one with the double framelines. It's just not as pretty as yours.

The Seikosha shutter on mine seems to be pretty reliable after all this time too!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice looking camera, it's been designed to look nice and be usable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking camera. Congrats!