Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-24M 35mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: MIR-24M 35mm f2 Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.it/itm/270872846485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Is it a good version of this lens?
May be better the Nikon verision with MC in red? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you tell me an expert opinion about this lens? Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you already bought it, so you will know for sure how good it is Wink what´s the point in asking about lens quality after the buy?

It will appreciated if you share your experience with this lens. From my experience it´s not worth the money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many people love it and enjoy it on this forum, I never had any. I did fix title, 'good buy' is meaning less one week later , nobody will find it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually a 24M exactly like mine, not a 24N. I've changed the title again! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An afterthought it's possible also cancel a buy...so I'd like to know something more (by experiences) of this particular model Mir24m.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens and worth every penny if you need the speed. You'll pay more for the Takumar and reviews are really mixed on that one. The mir shows a lot of character @f2 and is plenty sharp. Really good color rendition.

Samples 5-11:
http://forum.mflenses.com/last-set-of-stasia-soviet-quintet-of-lenses-a850-t42008,highlight,%2Bstasia.html

Here are two additional samples I don't think I ever posted on the forum:

Hope this helps
~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples Marc, really shows the potential of that lens, esp. at f2
(which I assume you had used on your #1 shot).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great examples Marc, really shows the potential of that lens, esp. at f2
(which I assume you had used on your #1 shot)

Thanks. Yes, the first is wide-open and actually a little front focused. Still a very nice performance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did prove it March, why people love it! Great pictures from a great lens!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem very good, also with a good pop of images:-)