Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon normals 1968 - RF and FL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Canon normals 1968 - RF and FL Reply with quote

More from Camera 35 - these are the Canon RF and FL lenses:
50 2.8, 50 1.8, 50 1.4, 50 1.2, 50 0.95
FL: 50 3.5 macro, 50 1.8, 50 1.4, 58 1.2

Click on pic to get full size scan

Laughing that nearly concludes my Christmas / New Year presents to mflenses Very Happy I wasn't going to post these till later this week, but the talk about the 1.5 Vivitar - and the Canon RF / FL etc made me think these are apropos now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the f/2.8 was for the rangefinder?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interresting !

macro lens looks like a blade when f0.95 seems very soft even with stops

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww, Nesster, stop it ! Crying or Very sad

No, don't !!! Great stuff - I envy you for having what must be a great collection of old photo journals, I really do. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this information. I recently re-found my AE-1 non program and the 3.5 macro complete. I did not realize how good a lens it is. I'll have to take it out for a drive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past two weeks, I took a variety of photos (indoor, outdoor, close-up, distant, people, things) with the FL Macro 50mm/3.5 lens mounted on a Canon TL-QL camera body (circa 1968). The latter was the low-budget companion to the FT-QL model.

Results were excellent as always with this combo, despite some previous mishaps to the equipment (some wispy fungus in lens, front lens rim dented, dead meter in camera). As long as it's not really dark out, I find this very easy to focus.

By the way, if you buy this lens after a long storage period in its original leather case, check the glass carefully for fungus! Out in the field, moisture and spores tended to get into the case and promote fungal growth.