Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya-16 Automatic 1959
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Mamiya-16 Automatic 1959 Reply with quote

This is a gift for my brother in law... I have another pic of the top deck, but my PC is crashed (no video output) so it will have to wait.

Do you want to know a secret? by Nesster, on Flickr

Mamiya-16 Automatic, 1959 by Nesster, on Flickr

Mamiya-16 Automatic by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cute !

A full-featured camera indeed. They even managed to pack in a meter.
Is there an aperture control ? Tough to make on on such a tiny lens I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's way cool to look at.

There is an aperture, coupled to the meter yet - the little window between the shutter speed and the 'filter' on the top deck, it's at f/5.6 in this shot. Actually, the way I have the camera set the light meter is indicating 5.6 @ 1/100, but I have the shutter at 1/50. I'm not sure but I think the lens stops down all the way to f/11.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to buy a new PC last night, the old one's a goner, 7 years. I think it's the hard drive. The new PC has Vista or whatever it's called, which feels strange. But backups work - I've restored a good chunk of photos and documents so far. I'll need to reinstall software etc.

This one's restored from the backup

mamiya-16 automatic top deck by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a neat little camera with all the features. Looks like it would fit in a shirt pocket. Seems like it might be a hefty little guy for its size.