Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda G & Sensorex review 1967
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Miranda G & Sensorex review 1967 Reply with quote

Miranda's Dynamic Duo - Sensorex and Miranda G review - 1967 - page 1 by Nesster, on Flickr

Miranda's Dynamic Duo - Sensorex and Miranda G review - 1967 - page 2 by Nesster, on Flickr

Miranda's Dynamic Duo - Sensorex and Miranda G review - 1967 - page 3 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jussi. Looks like a Sensorex is in the plans for me!! LOL SHHH! Don't tell the wife!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a review for the Sensorex EE in an old Popular Mechanics, maybe I'll scan that.

Unfortunately a lot of the Gs have mirrors that stick in the up position now, I guess the mechanism is prone to gumming up. Interesting they didn't even mention that the G had interchangeable screens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the stuck-up mirror syndrome with my Canon F1. The problem wasn't the mirror mechanism but the foam buffer-cushion having become sticky over time and "infected" the mirror.. I cleaned the contact area on the mirror and yee-haw, instant return mirror again.

No doubt many cameras do have faulty mechanisms, but this might be worth investigating.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Thanks for that Jussi. Looks like a Sensorex is in the plans for me!! LOL SHHH! Don't tell the wife!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's the downside of my interest in old magazines: I read the reviews & look at the ads, and somehow I end up on the bay doing searches Laughing

There's some very interesting lens reviews coming up - including a Zeiss SLR that shows how a lens SHOULD perform Wink - I think there was one Canon 85mm that put up numbers in the same quantity. But I'm working through the mags in time sequence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend the Sensorex EE. One of the last models. Great camera with fine build quality, spot or average meter, manual or AE exposure, removable prism/WL finder. Excellent lenses (E or EC types). I regret selling mine. Sad