Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 2/58...my ugly lens but I love it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Helios 44-2 2/58...my ugly lens but I love it Reply with quote

This was the lens I bought before my camera broke....it's ugly but it has charm....and finally I found a 00 it may not mean much but the fun was finding one in Australia at a good price... under $20au Very Happy

#4 See it comes with its own bug?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

00 means special lens, with better quality control as usual , you are lucky really to find it! Congrats! Great lens!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I can I will post up some images...I certainly hope it is better quality Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a good lens, else no-one had used it that much.

How did the bug get there?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
It must be a good lens, else no-one had used it that much.

I do not know...but it does not move it must be stuck to that one blade.. Rolling Eyes As long as it keeps off the glass I don't mind.. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I opened and cleaned a couple of them, i really wonder how it could got in there, as the lens has no gaps, openings etc. even as an egg or something...Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it even has your name engraved on it! (last photo). Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0*******, 00****** & 000***** Serial numbers are early runs of a lens.

The urban myth used to suggest they were something special. There is a guy on the USSR photo forum that used to work at KMZ that confirmed this. Of course, I only have his word on any of this. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few snaps ....No close ups or portraits yet...they will come soon.

#1From the car going 80km hr...son driving not me!

#2This was my glare test through the front windscreen ...I forgot the windscreen has its own special coating so it turned out ok..except for the dirt.

#3 I think this was while parked.

#4I was happy with this..taken while driving and I have cropped it down.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clouds !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice clouds !

The clouds were beautiful this day against the blue sky..(after a few days of rain)..I should have had the CPL filter with me... Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Attila wrote:
Nice clouds !

The clouds were beautiful this day against the blue sky..(after a few days of rain)..I should have had the CPL filter with me... Sad

-0,7 under exposure + auto color , auto contrast does trick pretty well. Try next time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
0*******, 00****** & 000***** Serial numbers are early runs of a lens.

The urban myth used to suggest they were something special. There is a guy on the USSR photo forum that used to work at KMZ that confirmed this. Of course, I only have his word on any of this. Laughing Laughing

But this one was made not at KMZ but at Vavilov plant, Minsk, Belarus. KMZ's has a diffrent logo. So may be your guy was wrong ? ^))