Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall 28mm f2.8 and Other First Version Adaptalls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall 28mm f2.8 and Other First Version Adaptalls Reply with quote

I've just recently picked up the first Tamron Adaptall 28mm f2.8 which I only bought because I wanted the mount and it was cheaper buying the lens with it attached. But after testing around the house and garden I must say I'm very impressed with it, much more so than the later Adaptall 2 28mm f2.5 which I never really got on with. This is a large, hefty lens for a 28mm but it's sharp enough at f2.8 and becomes really sharp at f8. I also like the lovely warm colours and it has very reasonable contrast. Any of the other first Adaptalls to look out for? particularly the 300mm as I've seen a few appear on ebay which I might consider as I don't have a 300mm prime at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 300mm, there are two versions, one that is likely a derivative from the adaptamatic and a separate adaptall version (the CT-300 i believe). The first is not noted on adaptall.org i believe. I own an adaptamatic (so likely similar to the first version with the adaptall mount) and i was not blown away. It seems ok-good at mid distance but does not work for me as I tend to do more close focus, for which it has to much 'glow' (spherical aberation ?) in the bokeh, which is not very nice combined with thin DOF at close focus. Dont know about the second version though.
http://forum.mflenses.com/silver-tamron-300mm-f-5-6-adapt-a-matic-or-adaptall-t23757,highlight,%2Badaptall.html

I do like the CT-105, see my mini photo thread/review bit:
http://forum.mflenses.com/walk-through-the-forest-with-tamron-adaptall-105mm-2-5-t44937,highlight,%2Badaptall.html