Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Holga²
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Holga² Reply with quote

Hi!

I have received several toys in the last weeks/days.
Here are two of them:

A Holga 120 GCFN and a "digital Holga", the Yashica EZ521 Digital.

I now wish I had the time to play with them soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I look forward results, great cameras to your kids.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people buy those things? Just take the light seals out of any good camera and smear vaseline around the lens. i don't get it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Why do people buy those things? Just take the light seals out of any good camera and smear vaseline around the lens. i don't get it.

I also do not understand it, but I have never tried it. That's why I bought it. In order to judge first hand.
When I see the results, I can decide if I understand that Holga hype. Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Great ! I like Holga , due so many people did rediscover film, so let we see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not allow anyone to pick on Lomo cameras !

Dont care if they are pointless or not, they created a major film market and that keeps film alive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many photo newbies who never shot film believe that film photography gave us only fuzzy, distorted, "washed out" images and that only today's digital cameras are capable of producing clear, sharp photos. Really -- this is what many, many people believe today.

The Holga seems to lend supporting evidence to this myth and it's also easy enough for a newby to handle.

No insult to Holga type cameras intended, just an observation. I fully support all forms of chemical photography and the film it consumes. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
Many photo newbies who never shot film believe that film photography gave us only fuzzy, distorted, "washed out" images and that only today's digital cameras are capable of producing clear, sharp photos. Really -- this is what many, many people believe today.

The Holga seems to lend supporting evidence to this myth and it's also easy enough for a newby to handle.

No insult to Holga type cameras intended, just an observation. I fully support all forms of chemical photography and the film it consumes. Smile

Yes, they are deluded.

But it makes me feel, that film is a secret, not all know how to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, my version, the "Holga 120 GCFN" is the high-end model. Laughing Wink

G = glass lens
C = colour filters (for the flash)
F = internal flash
N = Bulb-function

Yes! Some top-level product. Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
BTW, my version, the "Holga 120 GCFN" is the high-end model. Laughing Wink

G = glass lens
C = colour filters (for the flash)
F = internal flash
N = Bulb-function

Yes! Some top-level product. Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holga

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... our household is about to be a 2 Holga one Shocked There's daughter's regular flash Holga, and the wide pinhole one is on its way as a present to me! In 2 years I think we've shot like 2 rolls in the regular Holga... it is fun, with the flash and all, but for me at least there have been too many other 120 cameras arriving, I haven't found the need or opportunity. I don't think the pinhole Holga will see much more use.

For film, daughter seems to prefer her yellow underwater Minolta p&s.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod the Holga, plastic piece of junk, much rather have an old MF folder.

However, I am interested in the Yashica digital, very easy to take the lens off it and put a C mount on it, then I can use all those dirt cheap CCTV lenses on it.

Look forward to seeing your samples from the Yashica, please post some!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holga's are fun. They can be a challenge to make a worthwhile capture.
Critisism is for the uninitiated or for those lacking imagination.
They force you to live within a very tight set of unknown parameters that change with each shot Laughing
It's very liberating Razz

Imagine how these would look if not taken with a holga.... boring.

These 2 were at one of the most rock and roll halloween parties you could imagine. The guest list blew my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joosep wrote:
I will not allow anyone to pick on Lomo cameras !

Dont care if they are pointless or not, they created a major film market and that keeps film alive.

Lol, good luck with that!

I must concede that there is that benefit of helping to keep film alive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how about this for $99--6x12! the next cheapest 6x12 120 film cam i ever saw is $800 without lens!

http://shop.holgadirect.com/products/holga-120-pan-panorama-camera

santa's bringing me one! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
and how about this for $99--6x12! the next cheapest 6x12 120 film cam i ever saw is $800 without lens!

Fun camera!

A nice mod would be to remove its stock "lens" and fit one of the cheapish Schneider Angulon 90mm that surface often on ebay, to transform it into a "proper" camera.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Fun camera!

A nice mod would be to remove its stock "lens" and fit one of the cheapish Schneider Angulon 90mm that surface often on ebay, to transform it into a "proper" camera.

Cool camera indeed!! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Fun camera!

my thought exactly, only i'm partial to the ektar 127!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
my thought exactly, only i'm partial to the ektar 127!

Hah, I've been looking for a cheap Ektar 127 for ages, but they are expensive this side of the Atlantic!

The advantage of an Angulon is that the viewfinder will show the proper framing, assuming it did originally, since it's the same fl as the original lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a great point that i did not think about, thanks! now that i reflect a little, i think it would be necessary to get a 'front focusing' lens...