Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri Penta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Petri Penta Reply with quote

Another camera/ lens I managed pick up over the last 2 weeks. This was in bad physical shape-but still worked. After a cleanup -I present the Petri Penta in screw mount ,with the Kuribayashi CC Petri 1:3.5 f=35mm. This camera feels nice and compact in your hand.The shutter speed goes to 500.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pretty! You made damn fine cleaning job!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an original F2/50mm preset lens for one of these on ebay recently - I should have bid higher, because that lens is pretty hard to find and gives really nice "sparkly" bokeh.

I've always loved the styling on Petri cameras -excellent catch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations !

Interesting and historic camera. The second (after the first Pentax model of 1957-5Cool Japanese M42 camera.

No slow speeds and no 1/1000, this was designed as a low cost SLR. Still, its a handsome thing.

The later early breech lock models look very similar so its easy to mistake them. More confusingly some of them are also labelled "Penta" instead of "Flex".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera looks so COOL, a very nice design that brings to mind a James Bond movie. Or at least the book Smile

Petri Penta 1960 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
So pretty! You made damn fine cleaning job!

Hey thanks- I should have put the "before " picture:D -

Mos6502 wrote:
There was an original F2/50mm preset lens for one of these on ebay recently - I should have bid higher, because that lens is pretty hard to find and gives really nice "sparkly" bokeh.

I've always loved the styling on Petri cameras -excellent catch.

You're right -I have searched for that lens when remembered-but never found it. The one I am searching for bears the Kuribayashi Orikkor name along with Petri-just like in the flyer Nester has been kind enough to post.

luisalegria wrote:
Congratulations !

Interesting and historic camera. The second (after the first Pentax model of 1957-5 Japanese M42 camera.

No slow speeds and no 1/1000, this was designed as a low cost SLR. Still, its a handsome thing.

The later early breech lock models look very similar so its easy to mistake them. More confusingly some of them are also labelled "Penta" instead of "Flex".

Always nice to hear your take of it.

Nester wrote:
The camera looks so COOL, a very nice design that brings to mind a James Bond movie. Or at least the book

Wow its always nice when you post your flyer /literature to the corresponding camera-takes you right there Very Happy .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the lens: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Camera-Lens-Kuribayashi-C-C-Petri-Orikkor-f-2-50mm-/260902077736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbef9c528#ht_500wt_1202

It was not in very good shape, so I didn't expect anybody else to bid! Shame on me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Yes that's the lens: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Camera-Lens-Kuribayashi-C-C-Petri-Orikkor-f-2-50mm-/260902077736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbef9c528#ht_500wt_1202

It was not in very good shape, so I didn't expect anybody else to bid! Shame on me.

Looks like a lot of work- lots of oxidation-on the metal parts. I am sure you'll find one-but for $18 that looks good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the early breech lock versions, good camera, very heavy, solid metal. The 1.8/55 standard lens for it is a stunner.