Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD :Pentax 45-124 SMC F4 Zoom for Sony/Minolta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: SOLD :Pentax 45-124 SMC F4 Zoom for Sony/Minolta Reply with quote

Permamanent conversion to Sony Minolta AF (cannot be undone). OTHERWISE THIS LENS IS NEAR MINT. I CAN GUARANTEE THIS AND WILL REFUND A BUYERS MONEY IF MY LENS DOES NOT ACCURATELY MATCH THIS DESCRIPTION.
No fungus, no cleaning marks, no scratches. Smooth focus and smooth zoom. No oil on blades. Clean throughout. Only a few internal specs of dust.

Want 150 USD + P&P paypal.
SOLD TODAY LOCALLY

Last edited by MalcolmL on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ? Who are you ? Have you read the marketplace rules ? Rolling Eyes

Near mint for a permanently converted lens Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who am I ??
My name is Malcolm. I am a very serious photgrapher and have won two bronze awards in international photographic competitions recently, ( Loupe awards and Pano awards) - one portrait and one landscape.

My occupation is a medical practitioner in New Zealand where I live happily with my wife and two young children.
I have three cameras and am using old manual m42 lenses on my sony alpha 850 body. I love these old lenses and have posted two reviews on Pentax forums recently where they have been well recieved.

I am selling this lens as I no longer have a use for it as I purchased a Minolta AF 28-135mm af lens which has a more useful range.

I have been unable to upload pictures of this (lovely) lens as there is a techinical difficulty which I cannot resolve.
I have tried to be as accurate and honest with my description of the lens as possible which I bought from KEH in New York a year ago for 185 USD. In response to the comments posted above I have also clarfied the issue of 'mint' and 'converted'.

Other photo forums that I am active in have been most welcoming to new members.

Malcolm in New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Other photo forums that I am active in have been most welcoming to new members. '

Hi Malcolm, welcome, this IS a very friendly forum but usually people introduce themselves and chat a while and don't just use it as an advertising medium, I'm sure that were I to visit one of your local haunts and my first post was an advert you would like to know more about me before parting with any cash, I hope you can understand what I'm saying and don't take offense, maybe list your ebay id so people can check feedback, this would also help sell your lens.
By the way you will now be able to post pics, it is disabled for the first post.
Regards
John

P.S. hope you got a good copy of the affectionally known secret handshake lens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm this is not at classifieds ads where everybody can advert his stuff, if you have verifiable Ebay ID I left your ad here , if not I will delete it. Please read marketplace rules once again! You are welcome here as member surely and we all look forward your experience , opinions on chat. Selling is different matter we protect our reputation and care about who try to sell here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Malcolm !

That's a very good to excellent zoom lens...I'd like to see some photos of how it performs on the Sony. On Canon FF my M42 outperforms the Canon 28-135 imho!

Please post the photos of the lens. I'll check PF to see if you posted an ad there.

I think I remember this particular lens from ebaY a few years ago. Seller wanted too much for it, more than unconverted M42 version, it didn't sell after several months. KEH got it, sold it for $185?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On all forums, there are rules. I think these are clear enough :

Quote:

10) DON'T SELL HERE IF YOU ARE NOT AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY , FIRST EARN YOUR TRUST AND SELL AFTER!
WE WILL DELETE ALL SALES AT MARKETPLACE WHAT WAS POST BY NEW MEMBERS.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=32548

So you come here, without an hello or something else (even after your post edition), the forum gives you an international view for your ad, and what are you giving back to the forum ? nothing as valuable as what you earnt. That what I pointed in my post.

For the description : mint is commonly "untouched". From Pentaxforums :

Quote:
Mint: Item has no marks, scratches, or signs of use whatsoever. Packaged in original box with all manuals and accessories. 99.99% of original condition.

I personaly don't care for unboxed items rated mint (apart for collectors, original boxes are not very useful and don't have a great value) According to this, how could be something rated mint if it has been converted (permanently !) in an other mount ? This is also why I was highlighting this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: what ??!! Reply with quote

I have taken the care to clarify exactly what I meant in the ad, apologised, gave my details and aspirations and interests as a hello, have been polite and have actually sold the lens locally. As a gesture of good will I was going to offer to publsih two lens reviews here which have been well received on Pentax Forums in exchange for being part of a community that loves MF lenses and photography. I actually like ging with nothing in return and my only crime is I did not read the rules. I was happy to publsih these reviews whether I had sold my lens or not.
Having already apologised for not doing things in the right order I do not know what else there is to do here.
I have personally been very polite about all this and I am asking you if your attitude is at all appropriate. In fact I actually feel quite aggreived and am wondering what the other senior members of your forum think about your posting. In all my dealings on the internet and forums over the last 10 years I have NEVER met anything like this.
You can see my reviews on Pentax Forums where I submit also under the name of MalcolmL to judge for yourself whether I am the kind of person you want out of MF lenses or in. Also I will be asking other members as I guess is not just your decision.

Yours civilly
Malcolm Lyons

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me welcome you to the forum first, Malcolm. I know where CarbonR is coming from. We are a big family here and we tends to take care for one another. Hope you understand and appreciate that.

Do introduce yourself a bit more in the Photographer's Café section and do share some of your photos or reviews in the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

"Let me welcome you to the forum first, Malcolm"
OK thanks for that. I would love to be part of your forum and was considering posting a review of a Fujinon EBC 200mm lens I have just acquired.
I know you have to look after each other and that is fine. But there is such a thing as netiquette and also not going for a new member with a whole set of (incorrect) assumptions and really putting them off.

Life is short and this has given too much energy already.

I guess where I am coming from is this ::

Yes I apologise for not reading the rules.

Yes I want an apology from your colleague for being so rude.

If that is forthcoming I will continue and we can all be buddies and I will post my first review. If not then I shall withdraw my membership.
Kind regards
Malcolm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reread the sentence and now I see where you are coming from. Unlike many other forums, members from this forum are really international and many of us (maybe 30% or more), English is not our first language. I doubt that CarbonR intended to be rude.

Last edited by my_photography on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found only one post over at PentaxForums, an introduction with link to Flickr. Couldn't find the reviews. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Links Reply with quote

I will post both my reviews here as well. Clearly I cannot post the link to Pentax Forums here.
cheers.
Well my first review is up ::
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1187411.html#1187411

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Closure Reply with quote

Hope this is OK to post this. Its a matter of closure for me and I would like the forum to know that I am genuine.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Malcolm and welcome - I am very sorry you got off to such a poor start. I think it's important to tell you we have only very recently added Rule 10 about new members advertising in the marketplace, and we haven't had time yet to iron out the wrinkles. We had a major problem with an unkown member who sold an expensive lens in the marketplace, took the money and disappeared. Luckily the situation was resolved satisfactorily, but the moderators are obviously anxious to ensure this never occurs again. I hope this helps you to understand why you were challenged in that way.

Please do stay with us for a while and I'm sure you'll soon see that we are a very friendly and respectful forum, and that the tactless welcome you received is completely untypical.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Closure Reply with quote

OK thanks for your clarification. I see this matter as closed and there has been a very good welcome from almost all.
I have so often used MF lenses as a reference in the past and it is now a place I will see as part of my photosocial network, along with DP Review, Flickr, Pentax Forums and our local Hellophoto. MF lenses is probably one of THE most usefull resources on the net for photographers so there is no point in cutting off my nose. I am here to stay and let this matter fall into obscurity where it belongs.
Kind regards
Malcolm