Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki-6 Industar 50-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Zorki-6 Industar 50-2 Reply with quote

Today I found it in brand new stage with box , genuine bill and lovely raw leather smell Wink I couldn't resist even if my head is covered with Russian cameras Laughing Laughing Any experience , opinion about this cam ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like the rangefinder/viewfinder, compared to the Feds and Kievs? My only experience with a Zorki was when I was choosing between it and a Fed, the Zorki VF was large and bright but the rf patch was very faint on two samples. I ended up with the Fed because its patch was clear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
How do you like the rangefinder/viewfinder, compared to the Feds and Kievs? My only experience with a Zorki was when I was choosing between it and a Fed, the Zorki VF was large and bright but the rf patch was very faint on two samples. I ended up with the Fed because its patch was clear.

I will check it out tomorrow , until that my most loved Russian RF are Zorki-C and Fed-2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where Are the photos?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great camera , finder size is enough , diopter set is fine. I love this cam.
Film is not developed yet, capture from camera is here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you probably know I have the Zorki-6 aswell. Here is one of my results with the Jupiter-11 4/135 mounted at f16. Film: Agfa 200 iso.

I find the turrentfinder is very usefull, but I must say that the rangefinder of the Zorki-4 is nicer than that of the Zorki-6.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice example! I didn't try Zorki-4 yet, Zorki-2C and Zorki-6 did impress me well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just running my first roll of film through my Zorkii 4. I'll post samples when I have finished the roll!

K.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look froward it, I am pretty sure they will be come out very nicely , if shutter speed is ok and no light leaking these are great cameras for minimal amount of money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm contemplating getting a Zorki as a 2nd LTM body, so Im interested in your findings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I'm contemplating getting a Zorki as a 2nd LTM body, so Im interested in your findings.
And today it happened. I spotted a Zorki 4 with white leatherette covering and Industar 50-2 lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Industar quality can be vary, my LTM copy is crap. Look forward yours!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorki - 6 is a modified version of an older camera Zorki-5. These two beauties are considered to be the best built cameras of the whole Zorki line. I personally think so as well. The mechanical part of it really uses good parts. For example the curtain mechanism is way more durable and precise than the Zorki 4 or 4k , it does not have slow shutter speed`s which is a + , considering that Russian cameras main flaw was slow speed mechanisms. Another pro for this cameras is the extremely bight viewfinder. I also think that the design is amazing and it feels very good in your hands.
From what I have seen you`ve got yourself a very nice export version. 2 more variations and you`ll have yourself a nice Zorki 6 collection Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Drack!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two of these, one as it was cheap and the other because it was in a box, with instructions and looks in great condition. On receiving them there is a difference between them. The good one is silky smooth and fairly quiet to used, whereas the other is quite a bit stiffer to wind on and doesn't feel as nice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I bought two of these, one as it was cheap and the other because it was in a box, with instructions and looks in great condition. On receiving them there is a difference between them. The good one is silky smooth and fairly quiet to used, whereas the other is quite a bit stiffer to wind on and doesn't feel as nice.

That`s probably because they where kept in different conditions. The one which is smooth lived in a nice house, whereas the second one probably was kept in a cold or damped place , and because of that the grease inside the windup gears became stiff and now restricts the movement instead of making it smooth. Another reason might be the curtain tension. I have had several Fed`s and Zenit`s which had over tensioned curtain which also didn`t do much good neither for the shutter speeds , nor for the windup mechanism.
At the moment I`m cleaning my newly bought Zorki-2 an the gears inside are absolutely filthy. Can`t wait to have it prepared and ready for action. Smile