Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount Identification Please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Mount Identification Please Reply with quote

Hi guy's, been sometime since I posted here, but this one I am pulling my hair out over. I have a lens which has a male screw thread of 46.6mm. I have been searching for over 5 hours for as to which mount or universal adaptor it could belong to. I have found a couple of lenses with similar mounts and one mount for sale on ebay that seems it would fit the lens I have.

This is the mount on ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-MD-46mm-Adapter-/160576344021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563188fd5

Does anyone know what the adaptor name is?

I will try to get some pictures up of the lens, when I don't have kids running around the room.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the lensmount look like this?

That's a T-mount I came accross in search for my own lens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapter is usually called a "T2 mount" or a "T2 adapter". The vast majority of manual-diaphragm or or-set diaphragm lenses with interchangable mounts/bases/adapters did indeed take this sort. A minority of such adaptable lenses took an adapter with a different sized thread, which I think was larger, but I can't be sure. However, they are very, very much in a minority. I think you can be pretty sure your lens will take a T2 adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT A T2 MOUNT

That is an earlier mount than T2, used by some 3rd party lens manufacturers. It is ~46mm, while T2 is 42mm. I have a few of these type lenses, with Minolta, M42, and Nikon F mounts. I don't think anybody makes the adapters now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins your absolutely right.

Shame it has no name as such as I am after a M42 adaptor for it. I have gone through all of my lenses, thought I may have had one of these adaptors lurking on a lens, but unfortunately not.

The lens itself appears to be not so common, a Palinar 135mm not the 1:4 but the 1:3.5 version with 10 aperture blades. Would be nice to get a look at how it preforms.

Thanks for all your replies and help. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered what the mount is called and who made the lens. It appears it was made by Komura and they did indeed introduce a 46mm lens adaptor called the Unidapter.

Funny, I was searching for something completely different when I stumbled on this info.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
A minority of such adaptable lenses took an adapter with a different sized thread, which I think was larger, but I can't be sure. However, they are very, very much in a minority. I think you can be pretty sure your lens will take a T2 adapter.

Well, looks like I was a bit off the mark there . . . looks like this is one of those "minority" ones Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its as visualopsyns says.
This is a sort-of T2 but a 47mm screw, not 42mm
Old Tokina preset lenses often have it. I have several.

Its not going to be easy to ID a donor lens for the mount as these things loook EXACTLY like T2's
and the same lens is often found in both styles. Very frustrating situation.

Komura Unidapter was 44mm
I don't think Komura supplied any lenses for rebranding in the 1960's.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
scsambrook wrote:
A minority of such adaptable lenses took an adapter with a different sized thread, which I think was larger, but I can't be sure. However, they are very, very much in a minority. I think you can be pretty sure your lens will take a T2 adapter.

Well, looks like I was a bit off the mark there . . . looks like this is one of those "minority" ones Embarassed

Me too!

I have been looking at some of luisalegria posts on the subject of preset lenses and my lens is very close in design to the 135mm Sears lens and the 105 Palinar lens which luisalegria claims to be Tokina. I am now leaning towards the idea that it is indeed a Tokina that I have here.

Thank you for your help with this luisalegria, I will try my best to get a mount for it but like you said it might not be easy. Confused

Thanks again guy's for all of your input.