Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankyo-Kohki W-Komura f=28mm 1:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Sankyo-Kohki W-Komura f=28mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Sankyo-Kohki W-Komura f=28mm 1:3.5 in Komura Universal thread mount.
Camera:Sony Alpha 700

@ISO Speed 200
Exposure 1/500
Aperture 3.5

@ISO Speed 200
Exposure 1/60
Aperture 3.5

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like a painting...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one looks really soft, second one looks pretty sharp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
like a painting...

Youre too kind .
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
First one looks really soft, second one looks pretty sharp.

Youre right I had the focus on the water in front on the soft one . Very Happy , and @ infinity on the second one.

A little different perspective on the following which is a pano-stitch done in CS5

And the lens:

Best

Last edited by Kathmandu on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had one with the exposure of the first sample and the sharpness ofthe second sample, that would be great. I like the two samples but would prefer one as I describe.

Nice work BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
If you had one with the exposure of the first sample and the sharpness ofthe second sample, that would be great. I like the two samples but would prefer one as I describe.

Nice work BTW.

Next time I see the same sunset I'll get one for you Wink , just as you described. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath...du: What's you overall assessment? You probably remember I'm a Komura fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Kath...du: What's you overall assessment? You probably remember I'm a Komura fan.

I remember , you're a big Komura fan and a Sony/Minolta fan too. I grabbed this lens to add to my Komura collection,as I did not have this focal length. From the little I have used this lens it appears sharp even wide open -and maybe losing a little sharpness in the corners @ infinity. It produces Komura color -and appears well built. I have not had the chance to try it @closer distances and out in daylight.
The few shots I took indoors were very appealing to me in ambient light-unfortunately I don't have any to show you as I deleted those. I have a feeling this lens will serve me well in the mountains, landscape etc.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more from last night-the focus was stiff when I first used it -the focus ring glides now Very Happy

Cheers