Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 35-70 F3.5 Macro Version (the Leica Lens)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Minolta 35-70 F3.5 Macro Version (the Leica Lens) Reply with quote

Well had a spare 20 minutes during lunch and mounted to the NEX was the 35-70 eager for some testing nothing to much hope to add some more in the future, when i have better weather and more time.
Impressions
CA very little at least in these conditions
Colours very nice straight out the camera only very little tweaking required.
Bokeh is typical Minolta very smooth and transitions nicely
Build quality its quite good for something from the 80's
No hood used in these pics.
It seems a bit strange that this lens extends to reach 35mm rather than retract.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly a super lens, every sample I've seen has excellent sharpness and color.
I compared it to the Tamron 35-80 CF, and it was no contest. About the only surprise was that both lenses had similar barrel distortion at 35mm... which I actually like.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Clearly a super lens, every sample I've seen has excellent sharpness and color.
I compared it to the Tamron 35-80 CF, and it was no contest. About the only surprise was that both lenses had similar barrel distortion at 35mm... which I actually like.

+1