Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 8 Chrome Version (1960) Grey day in York
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 8 Chrome Version (1960) Grey day in York Reply with quote

Well i managed to squeeze a quick set of shots with the Jupiter 8 this lunchtime.
I have had this lens a few weeks but not really had the chance to test it,
1st Impressions build quality is fantastic, it looks good on the NEX and is tiny.
F2 is very hazy but usable from F2.8 gets really good at F4 to F8 did not use it any higher than that.
Weather was dull and Grey.
Now to the lens it produces lovely results for B+W but is no slouch in colour excellent rendition with a nice 3d effect that can be achieved.
Very pleased as it has some very nice character and bokeh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite lens, I use it usually at day time and at F8-F11 , it did work to you pretty well if we count not ideal light. Nice to see pictures from New York!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics look great. Esp for the conditions

@Attlia I think these were taken in "old" York Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
Pics look great. Esp for the conditions

@Attlia I think these were taken in "old" York Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, I just lost one of these on eBay a minute ago. Your photo of the Shambles captures York on a week day at this time of year, there's an older crowd and it's actually possible to move. The last one makes me want to pop into the Guy Fawkes for a pint.

Atilla, most of these buildings predate New York by hundreds of years!