Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cleaning inside a Bessamatic.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: cleaning inside a Bessamatic. Reply with quote

In the vein of ask first then proceed I'm asking how to go about cleaning my newly arrived Bessamatic. Is there anything I need to know or be aware of before proceeding with the cleanup of the mirror and viewfinder prism? Looks like just dust there but I prefer to err on the side of caution and ask for sage advice before proceeding

The camera in question.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldnt need to do anything but blow the dust off, unless you have haze or a smear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
You shouldnt need to do anything but blow the dust off, unless you have haze or a smear.

A gentle wipe with a Swiffer won't dislodge anything?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the stability of the silvering on the front-surface mirror, if thats what its got.
No need to take chances if theres no need.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those old cameras are so nice and looks like yours is in wonderful condition Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Depends on the stability of the silvering on the front-surface mirror, if thats what its got.
No need to take chances if theres no need.

I tried just blowing it out with a bulb blower and I tried just using lung power and neither was 100% successful. So I guess I'll go the swiffer way using a small piece wrapped around a Q-tip.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Those old cameras are so nice and looks like yours is in wonderful condition Smile

Thank you Stefan. I think I'll like it!