Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Jupiter 9 Reply with quote

I've just rec'd one of these and it bears the LZOS logo serial number N7506957, it's seems to be in very nice condition but either I'm being thick or someone's been mucking about with it, when red dot aligned with f16 it's wide open so that when you select f2 its actually f16 ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's the way it's intended to be. The H44-2 is the same.

The red dot on the stop down dial is meaningless. I think the reason for it might be simply to show the current dial position, but the whole idea of preset lenses is that you don't need to take your eye away from the viewfinder, so that idea is probably wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 9 Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
I've just rec'd one of these and it bears the LZOS logo serial number N7506957, it's seems to be in very nice condition but either I'm being thick or someone's been mucking about with it, when red dot aligned with f16 it's wide open so that when you select f2 its actually f16 ???

Damned that's not good!
Many of these lenses get tampered with.
I've ordered one and returned it for that very reason.

However, I think alot of people here say that the J-9 is an easy lens to work on.
I guess if you're handy, that you might have a good chance of adjusting it yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't indicate it's been mucked about with, what Peter says is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nothing to worry about. My Mir-1V is the same way; the preset ring and the aperture ring seem to make it run in reverse according to the dot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing to worry about here, its the correct aperture design, same (as said before) in Mir 1B, same in helios 44-2 and same in new and old jupiters.
its build that way because its meant to be aperture holder or stopper, the click wheel witch locks in place is the reason for this design. not the same as other lenses where you dont have the clicky part ring that stops the aperture ring.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's normal for some Russian lenses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all Embarassed Embarassed now to give it a try, it was this one Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 9 Reply with quote

JohnBee wrote:
I've ordered one and returned it for that very reason. .
Then you'll be returning a lot of lenses as this it how they are designed.