Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri 200/3.5 & Petri 35/2.8 test images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Petri 200/3.5 & Petri 35/2.8 test images Reply with quote

I received my latest acquisition in the mail today. My first Spotmatic camera which I bid on because it came with 3 lenses. The lenses are Super Takumar 55/1.8 (not going to post samples here, well known performance) and 2 Petri lenses. Here is a pic of the lot of the equipment.

Here are a couple of image samples from the 35/2.8 @2.8

Here are a couple from the 200/3.5 @3.5 I will test this lens further in the coming days as the light when I got home and got done with the 35/2.8 test was about gone. I had to use ISO 800 for these shots.

I was surprised to find that the camera seems to work fine. I am currently running a roll of film through it and I'll just have to see how they turn out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the Spotty and lenses! The SPii is my favourite manual camera. I liked mine so much, I bought a mint copy as backup and also a nice black one too.

The 35 lens seems to have a cool WB. The contrast could also do with a bit of help, but it's very usable. The 200 doesn't look anything special to my eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't real impressed by the 200mm myself, but the light was horrible so I will test it in better conditions soon. I did however take the Spotmatic and the Tak 55/1.8 to work with me today and did some shooting during my lunch break. I have the pictures getting developed at the moment. They should be ready later tonight. I am a little worried about how accurate the light meter is going to be though. The battery that came in it is a 1.5v. I have a 1.35v on the way that will be here next week.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the 200/3.5 out again today. Weather didn't cooperate and we are currently under dark and depressing skies. Still this lens is hard to get a decent shot out of. Here are my attempts today.

Not too impressive, OK how about a backlit portrait. This shouldn't be a challenge for the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 200/3.5 looks exactly like Chinon and many other brands and is made by some third party manufacturer (I personally would bet for Sun). This lens is widely acclaimed as a good performer. So strange that your lens performs not so good. Is it in good condition? Any haze between the elements or some rattle inside the lens?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens seems to be in good condition. No rattles, clean optics. It is however the one of the heaviest lenses that I currently own. My Hanimex 300/5.5 is just a little heavier. I will keep using it and see if it is just a learning issue with me. It is my only 200mm, perhaps I just haven't found how to use it correctly yet. Wink