Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

my pentax 20mm 4 but the outer part of the lens different
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: my pentax 20mm 4 but the outer part of the lens different Reply with quote

i bought 20 mm 4 smc k bayonet last year its outer part of the glass was scrathed and i found 35-80 cosina lens and modified it.. now it is some where smaller than 20 mm 17mm vs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: my pentax 20mm 4 but the outer part of the lens differen Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
i bought 20 mm 4 smc k bayonet last year its outer part of the glass was scrathed and i found 35-80 cosina lens and modified it.. now it is some where smaller than 20 mm 17mm vs

Question
What did you do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you swapped the Cosina glass into the Nikon?! That's brilliant! I notice the bottom left corner looks a bit soft though?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
I bought 20 mm 4 smc k bayonet last year

ManualFocus-G wrote:
So you swapped the Cosina glass into the Nikon?! That's brilliant!

Thats very special and brilliant indeed, a Nikon 20mm SMC with K bayonet Shocked Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
So you swapped the Cosina glass into the Nikon?! That's brilliant! I notice the bottom left corner looks a bit soft though?

wow, really brilliant and amazing that the results are that good!
( Graham it's a Pentax, not a Nikon Wink )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: smc takumar 20 mm 4 not nikon Reply with quote

there is a mistake.first i bought smc takumar pentax lens= 20 mm f4 but its front glass was scrathed and i try to fix it with some polish compounds but it became very bad than i take out the first outer glass and replaced it with cosina zoom lens first glass but its viev became wider some where like 15-17 mm...thats it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: hear is the lens smc takumar 20 mm-17mm cosina Reply with quote

thank you for replies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fantastic work, you were lucky the front elements were so similar, certainly hasn't spoilt the IQ!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a steampunk job - Splendid! I agree with Ian, you were very lucky to find just the right element.