Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens testing: Tokina 353 auto zoom on Pentax KX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Lens testing: Tokina 353 auto zoom on Pentax KX Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to acquire a Tokina 353 35-300 auto zoom in Pentax mount for $60 a couple of weeks ago. I did a bit of a Google before going to inspect the lens, however I found very little information about this lens online, and test shots were all but non-existent. I did however find a random thread which contained peoples opinions of the lens from their experience with it. The comments ranged from “this lens is excellent, really sharp!” through to “this lens is a coke bottle, worst lens ever made!”. So the lens could be either fantastic or reportedly one of the worst lenses ever made, how could I pass that up? I had to get it and give it a thorough review.

Here are just a few of the test shots which I took with the lens, you can find my whole review of the lens here, along with all my photos and my thoughts about the lens:
http://protas.metalforfishes.com/?p=636

Here are just a few of the test pics:

[img]

It would be great to get your opinions on the results. To me it is not absolutely horrible....but it is not awesome either.... it just kind of is what it is... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to pit this against the Sigma or the Tamron sometime to see how this stacks up...
I have a feeling most zooms with such large focal ranges will always just be average performers...