Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-11 in Zenit M39 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Jupiter-11 in Zenit M39 mount Reply with quote

Looks like I may need to shave my adapter a fraction of a millimeter to reach infinty.

Lens

Images shot @f4

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, and a beautiful lens! Mine is about my gold standard for 135s. Mine is also M39 and I have no difficulty focusing to infinity on my Pentax K20D using standard M39-M42 and narrow-flange M42-PK adapters. The wide-flange M39-PK adapter doesn't allow infinity focus. I'm not familiar with Alpha adapters. Do you have a favorite method for grinding away such adapters for infinity focus? For mine, I just use coarse sandpaper taped to a very hard flat surface like a kitchen tile, then grind the adapter on that until it's thin enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Gold standard of 135s wow- I am very impressed with the lens so far-although I have not used it that long.

I am not aware of any thinner flange adapter for Sony AF . I like to knock on my machinist friend's door for having these turned on a lathe-to thin it . Sanding works too-I have used the method you describe . I am using a Sony -to M39 adapter.

Regards