Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brent Cross again, SMC-M 1.4/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Brent Cross again, SMC-M 1.4/50 Reply with quote

Spent a few more hours around Brent Cross and brought some ND filters this time, these exposures are between 15s and 2 minutes. Very pleased with the 3rd one, it has the right tone to it and the detail is stunning in an A4 print so it could probably be printed fairly large.

I don't have to wrestle contrast out of this lens in PP like I used to with the K-x and it gives beautiful tonality. For situations like this works wonderfully but I'm wanting more vivid colour, 3D pop and a slightly wider angle of view for every day shooting. The urge to buy a DA 40 is overwhelming because I feel like I'm getting so close to finding the perfect setup.

(100% crop)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lines and patterns in urban photography. No 3 is my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice series William. The 1.4/50 and the K-5 certainly make a fine combination. There isn't a lot of colour here to form an opinion, but from what I see I don't think any of these shots need more vivd colours.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sven! Peter, I think that the comment I made might not have been that applicable to this set of images, the 1.4/50 is perfect for this type of work and certainly the colours are fine for it, I find them slightly grittier than the kit lens. I'm currently using it on the MX with HP5 and can't wait to see how it compares to the K-5. This will be my first development so hopefully it'll go well.