Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few photos with the Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: A few photos with the Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa Reply with quote

I still need to improve my scanning technique as these are a far cry from the prints.

Last edited by Big Dawg on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ,those would look great with 3-D glasses on.

Anyway, are you scanning the negatives or prints?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

****I still need to improve my scanning technique as these are a far cry from the prints. ****

Have you tried supermarket dev and scan to CD? In the UK e.g. using Asda (owned by Walmart) we can get good results dev and scan to CD (about 3mp) for up to 38 exposures for £3, you normally get a few spots on the scan but I'd rather touch up spots than do boring scans.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera looks nice Smile
The viewfinder if i remember was very bright and clear.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why when I upload to the forum they turn out that way. No. 2 is the way they should have looked.

I tried Walgreen scans but they are such low DPI that they don't look much better. I've tried scanning the negatives and scanning the prints on 2 different scanners with mixed results. I'll keep trying till I get it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
The camera looks nice Smile
The viewfinder if i remember was very bright and clear.

Very clear. I like it above the rest so far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-uploaded the same photos and they look better this time...don't know what the upload software is doing to them but these are the same photos just uploaded again. Still not near what the prints are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great collection Big Dawhg, especially that Voightlander! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
great collection Big Dawhg, especially that Voightlander! Wink

Thanks Klaus. It for the present is my favorite.