Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 5D2/7D meters off with M42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Canon 5D2/7D meters off with M42 lenses Reply with quote

Hi all -

I recently got into running the M42 lenses on my 7D and 5DII. I am using a Super Takumar 1.4/50 and a CZJ Tesser 2.8/50. The meter seems to be very off. Going from wide open to like F2 on the Super Tak will result in a DRASTIC change on the meter.

Any advice? Is this ordinary?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem come from the chip on the adapter
without chip or with last generation programmable chip, no problems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
problem come from the chip on the adapter
without chip or with last generation programmable chip, no problems

My adapters have no chip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a eg-s matte screen and this probably make the difference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
I have a eg-s matte screen and this probably make the difference

I have that also in my 5DII and selected it in the menu, but I use a 7D which also has strange meter behavior using manual lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the metering mode setting...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 4 Canon DSLRs and 5 Canon film SLRs, I've not yet experienceed any metering issues, but I do hear folks complaining.

How is the meter with EOS lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience the Camera only meters correctly at f/2. At any other f-stop it will either overexpose or underexpose. This is a problem with chipped adapters. If there is no chip, there should not be a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered with issues at smaller apertures on the 5D. I installed an EE-S screen and metering is really good now...although I find I need a small exposure adjustment at f8 and smaller apertures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I suffered with issues at smaller apertures on the 5D. I installed an EE-S screen and metering is really good now...although I find I need a small exposure adjustment at f8 and smaller apertures.
Hmm, I always have the matte screen installed which maybe why I never see this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had also this problem ,mainly when I first used my 20/2.8 Flektogon on my XTi . I solve the problem with a ... sony NEX 3 Laughing I find the screen of the APSC DSLRs too small for comfortable focusing with MFL especially for impaired vision persons (like me).Even with chipped adaptor and viewfinder magnifier X0.32 I have too many missed focuses.