Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few from my first roll of slide film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: A few from my first roll of slide film Reply with quote

These are from my first roll of slide film (Velvia 100). Developed at the lab scanned on my Epson V700 with the Epson software, colour correction in photoshop using levels.

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using positive film (esp for the first time) and home scanning is a challenge, and your results are very good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll definitely be trying it again. So I tried Velvia 100 this time. Do you have any recommendations for my next experiment?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Thanks. I'll definitely be trying it again. So I tried Velvia 100 this time. Do you have any recommendations for my next experiment?

Usually Fuji slide pretty notorious to show magenta cast on scan if exposition is not perfect. Scan to tiff, and set white balance manually or auto not as 'shoot'. Usually help to get better scan. Tiff also sharp enable very well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:

I think you did very well, the colours look superb to me, maybe just slightly saturated. My only try with Velvia was the 50 ISO version and the colours were much too saturated for my taste.

I don't care for too highly saturated films, they seem to be intended for indoor work and editorials etc. Velvia 50 is very saturated so I haven't tried the 100 version. I've tried various other films and I still haven't found one I really like. As Attila says, Provia has a blueish magenta cast and so does Kodak E100G, but they are easy to correct in Photoshop. I've recorded different Actions to correct the colours of different films and it seems to work well, especially with E100G which is my favourite so far.

My next try is going to be with Kodak Elitechrome EB100, Ektachrome 100+ EPP and then maybe Agfa Precisa CT 100, which looks promising.