Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Briefly stumped
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Briefly stumped Reply with quote

I had to do some serious Googling to work this one out, but the best I can come up with is that it is an M42 with a Petri adapter.

Am I right, and if so how do I get it off... do I need a special tool or just brute force.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainl;y the Petri SLR mount, but I can't see anything in the pic to confirm it's an M42 lens with an adapter. Are you certain about that? It would help to know what lens it is. Smile Is there an aperture activation pin? I can't see one in the picture.

If you're sure it's M42 then the adapter should just unscrew, but some force might be needed after so many years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Petri mount.

I agree with Peter, we need more information to know why you think it may be M42 with an adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri lens is it the 50mm F2, I have one i removed the mount and it requires brute force two come out with screw and the other is kind of riveted in, I used epoxy resin to glue to a Nex adaptor a nice lens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have mentioned it's a Pentacon 30mm f/3.5, which is what lead me to believe it was M42.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very strange indeed if a Meyer lens had a native Petri mount, you are correct there.

The odds are very good that this is an adapter screwed on to the M42 thread. Nothing in life or lenses is certain,
so on this sort of thing one has to make an educated wager.

I have such a M42-Petri adapter myself, the problem is that when the adapter is on it looks a great
deal like the back end of a Petri lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is a Meyer 3.5/30 then, as luis suggests, that must be a Petri-M42 adapter screwed on it, such an adapter was indeed sold to allow Petri cameras to mount M42 lenses as Petri dropped their own bayonet and switched to M42 so they wanted users of their older cameras to be able to use their new lenses in M42.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another £5 bargain and brute force it is then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fiver for the Meyer 3.5/30 is a bargain indeed mate as it's a truly excellent lens.