Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodachrome 25 flora.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Kodachrome 25 flora. Reply with quote

Praktica BC-1+Sigma Zoom Master 2.8-4/35-70 with Kodachrome 25 shot at Inverewe Gardens, Ullapool, Scotland back in 1988:

All hand-held by the way.

I think this might be a Rainbow Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus deglupta)

Oregon Grape (Mahonia aquifolium - thanks to Patrick for the ID)

This is a separate photo, not a crop of the above:

Same setup and film as above but no idea where I shot this. Laughing
Common spotted orchid (Dactylorhiza fuchsii)

Last edited by bob955i on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, Bob!

I hope some time in the future, digital captures end having such a perceived quality Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, 25 years pics and still first class, seems the new scanner is up to the task

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Oregon Grapes shot is fabulous. Kodachrome always looks as good today as it did when developed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive!
Which scanner was used?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I enjoy your photography Bob, I haven't been able to see a single one of your pictures for probably 3 weeks. At first I thought you took them down but everyone else is commenting on them, so I don't know what is going on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also can't see the pics at the moment!
But I made my comment when I was online with my smartphone... maybe it's a browser problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a browser problem, he took it(them) down. Bob, it's not nice to tease, paste them back up! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Not a browser problem, he took it(them) down. Bob, it's not nice to tease, paste them back up! Smile

Not teasing Bill, I thought they had run their course.

Thanks to all for the kind comments and they're back for the time being. Smile

@ ForenSeil: Scanner is a Nikon Super Coolscan LS-8000 ED.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pic, but they are all very nice:

dammit, Bob, send me that 8000! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Love this pic, but they are all very nice:....dammit, Bob, send me that 8000! Laughing

Cheers Bill but I'm still working on getting it to scan Velvia 50 without a very distinct blue cast. So far it's the only film I'm not having much success with and going by 'net lore, it's supposed to be connected with the dyes used in the film. That said, the scanner's not been profiled for it so I'm thinking of buying the Faust IT8 targets for both Velvia 50 and Provia 100F as those are the only two positive films I use now so I can create specific profiles and hopefully get things sorted out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Bob, They have a look that all the digital wizardry can't reproduce. I like all of them with the last 2 being my favorites. The last one just keeps me looking.

Are you sure it was a Sigma? not a Zeiss or Leica (lol).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Wow Bob, They have a look that all the digital wizardry can't reproduce. I like all of them with the last 2 being my favorites. The last one just keeps me looking.

Are you sure it was a Sigma? not a Zeiss or Leica (lol).

Thanks Ron. Definitely a S(t)igma lens, and to add insult to injury, an 'orrible ZOOM at that. Laughing

I still have it to this day along with the Praktica BC-1 body that shot these frames. That body jammed two years after these shots were taken and it was replaced with another BC-1. This PraktiSigma combo still functions and was only retired in 2006 when I got a 5D.

Kodachrome's gone but the PraktiSigma is now back out of retirement and will likely shoot Ektar 100... Wink