Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Mostly HDRs on NEX-5...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, I really like mine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the B&Ws but I am never a fan of the horrid colours (imo) HDR images have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, HDRs are always controversial ans I have doubts about colors in some of them too. But are all of the colored ones horrid though or is it just HDR apprehension? What if I said that some of them are colored infrareds?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them all, great work!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila and Lightshow!

C&C is OK, so go ahead and blast away those HDR colors though Wink, I am actually quite curious which ones of them seems acceptable and which ones are completely out of whack.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Thanks Attila and Lightshow!

C&C is OK, so go ahead and blast away those HDR colors though Wink, I am actually quite curious which ones of them seems acceptable and which ones are completely out of whack.

Matter of taste only , some people hate it , some people love it . I am on lover side, HDR is an art tool I can't paint , but I can paint with HDR I like colorful unrealistic HDR, other people not they like to see as normal photograph. Somebody use photography is technical tool , makes captures perfect as possible. Somebody use it as art tool and impression is better than pixel peeping. I am on this side also, who care pixels, sharpness etc if picture is good to hang on my wall and I love it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of HDR, but out of these I like 10 the best. Smile The reason I do, is it brings out the intensity of the upcoming storm, and makes the image more dramatic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images - threy really show off the quality of the Canon 24- and your photographic talents!

Are using the HDR feature right out of the 5n or are you using some additional post processing? Do youmind expounding on your workflow?

Best, Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attilla, my position is close to yours, I like different kind of photography, whatever works aesthetically is fine by me, HDR or not, sharp images, soft images, does not matter, photography does not need to be realistic. Still, I see the point when people criticize some HDRs as often they are a little too motley color-wise and that clashes with aesthetics, which is far worse than clashing with reality. On the other hand, taming the colors also destroys the drama, what's the point of doing HDR then? It's difficult to find a right balance...

Paul, thanks for compliments. This were shot with NEX-5 (not the 5n) built in HDR feature. This produces very flat image, but all the shadows and highlights are there. Then I process them in Lightroom with one of the presets that I have and finish up with global adjustments (shadows/highlights/vibrance/contrast/exposure etc). I've got quite a few free presets (not HDR specific) from different places (xEquals, LIDF, flickr) which are fun and give different looks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Paul, thanks for compliments. This were shot with NEX-5 (not the 5n) built in HDR feature. This produces very flat image, but all the shadows and highlights are there. Then I process them in Lightroom with one of the presets that I have and finish up with global adjustments (shadows/highlights/vibrance/contrast/exposure etc). I've got quite a few free presets (not HDR specific) from different places (xEquals, LIDF, flickr) which are fun and give different looks.

fermy,

Thanks for the info. I have not done a whole lot with the HDR function on my Nex yet, but i am now anxious to try. I have done some experimenting with faux infrared, however. I have a Canon digital Rebel that has been converted to IR, and it is really quite a lot of fun to use. Here are a few quick samples:

http://bene-gesserit.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d1uwyac

http://bene-gesserit.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d1uwy4o

http://bene-gesserit.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d1uwxef

http://bene-gesserit.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d1uwxup

Best,

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer HDR's to be more realistic then the over cooked variety...