Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wirgin cam
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Wirgin cam Reply with quote

Hi,

another cam I bought yesterday is this Wirgin cam. Wirgin was a German manufacturer until 1971. More infomation see Google.
This seems to be a very early cam (between 1924 and 1930). I didn´t find any information about this particular cam.
But due to the shutter release and the time round I believe it is a version before 1930.

Lens is a "Victar" manufactured by E. Ludwig, Lausa-Dresden. It is a Cooke-Triplet type. More information you will find here

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ludwig

Here a picture of the cam after some cleaning actions. I will present this cam to my wife because she has a little collection of this type of cams. Cool
Shutter speed and aperture work perfect after 80 years.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She cleaned up good, a beauty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Rolf, what a beautiful camera, but above all, what a wife! Smile

with this Wirgin my mother took photos during and after WWII,
she had 'inherited' it from her uncle who had bought it before the war

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Andreas. I´m not unhappy with my wife Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your cam is very nice especially with the story behind. Tried to find your cam on this site

http://www.wirgin.info/

but it seems that the infos there are not complete.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats again Rolf, a truly rare specimen, must be a gem, your wife Wink

thank you very much for the link Rolf.
The body of 'my' Wirgin, now it's mine Wink ..looks almost identical to that of the 'Presto' from 1939.
They have different lenses though, and from the style of the lettering of 'Deckel-Muenchen' I would think that 'mine' might have been produced just a bit earlier. Also because that uncle had to go to war, from which he did not return, in 1939, and had bought the camera before that.

I should send this photo to that site, better take more photos of it too