Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss T*...under 250 euro...suggestions:-)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Zeiss T*...under 250 euro...suggestions:-) Reply with quote

I really like Zeiss T* image quality and effect and I' wondering...which are best Zeiss T* lens, under 250 euro?
Which one better fot 3d effect on a crop camera like 7d? Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planar 50/1.4, Distagon 28/2.8, Distagon 35/2.8 or Sonnar 135/2.8 are all great and have fantastic pop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Planar 50mm 1.7? Is it grat for 3d effect? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinner79 wrote:
And Planar 50mm 1.7? Is it grat for 3d effect? Thanks.

3D effect depend in 90% from subject and 10% from lens... so if you looking for Zeiss about this reason don't look them more.

They are best lenses take what you can afford and it's focal length serve you well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sonnar 85/2.8 is also excellent for pop. But as Attila says, 3D may be more about technique...the art of making a photo appear like it has several planes of focus. For things lurching out of the screen, I use the word pop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that's important tecnique, but it also important lens. I've got a Distagon 35mm Zeiss (not T*) but it's a great lens, sharp and it has a good 3d look for the microcontrast. So I'm asking if also 50mm 1.7 T* has this pecularity: I read it has a strong possibility...is it true? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with using the term "3D" is that different people have different ideas about what 3D is. Post some pictures of what you mean, and we can comment Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinner79 wrote:
I've got a Distagon 35mm Zeiss (not T*) but it's a great lens, sharp and it has a good 3d look for the microcontrast. So I'm asking if also 50mm 1.7 T* has this pecularity: I read it has a strong possibility...is it true? Thanks.

Yes, the Planar 50/1.7 has it too. Some say that it has a bit more of it than the 50/1.4, but I think that is probably only true for wide open use.